Chapter 5

Once the interview is finally over, the two waited until the crowd clears out before the News crew, including the reporter herself thanked them for the interview.

"Thank you, Daffy Duck, for giving us a chance to meet you in person. And thank you, Bugs Bunny, for your time with us and we will talk again soon at the Ceremony. See you both there." Ms. Legerwood said while shaking their hands in gratitude with a wink before her and her crew men drove off in their van, leaving Bugs and Daffy alone.

To which at this time, causes Daffy to immediately turn around face to face to Bugs and poke his finger at his chest for the embarrassing ambush that he had to face in front of all those people.

"Alright! What's the big idea? Why are you telling everyone that we are dating?" Daffy asked, angrily.

"Pfft. Isn't it obvious silly? I did that to get publicity for my stunning image." Bugs said with visible vain in his tone.

"Oh, how typical of you. All you celebrities love to just show off your money and fame like that. It's like you can't get enough of the paparazzi around here." Daffy retort with his hands up in frustration.

Haha, cute.

But geez, ain't he a feisty one?

Bugs thought with a chuckle.

"Ugh. You know what? I don't have time for this. I have to get back home soon so that I can study for this script with a useless role that YOU hired me for." Daffy dismissed off, with a wave as he was about to leave until Bugs stopped him with a flirting remark.

"Oh, I see. Well, why didn't you say so? I can help you with that too." Bugs offered, referring to praticing with him, but that didn't make their egoistic rivalry any better.

"Oh no, buddy. I think you've already helped me quite enough today. Now thanks to you I might not ever get to take a shower in peace without having the media loom over me with that distasteful rumor that you have going on." Daffy irked.

"Okay, you're right. I did overstep a little with that. So, I'll let you get on with your business then. However, I do need you to hear me out for just one second there, what if I can get you a permanent spot on the Warner brothers in exchange for 6 months of public dating and a chance to work full time with me as a costar in the looney tunes show shorts." Bugs offered that immediately took Daffy over the edge with his refusal.

"Uh, uh! No way! I am going to find a way out of this ruckus and I intend to do so now." Daffy said determinedly until Bugs's next move 

"Okay then. I'll just tell the director that you're not a good fit for the cast and have you automatically fired from the whole thing. Which means that you won't have a decent job to look forward to for many years, to come." Bugs threatened lightly with a small shrug and a devilish smile on his face.

"Gasp! You wouldn't dare!" Daffy gasped with his jaw dropped, taken back by the audacity of his blackmail.

"You better believe it. I do have a big influence you know. It'll be as easy as a snap to my fingers. So, would you like to reconsider that last thought now?" Bugs asked slyly.

"Fine! Only 6 months of your fake dates and temporary work with you if, I can at least get my own show or at least a new series afterwards, with other cast members that are more tolerable to deal with than you." Daffy agreed with an added on condition to their negotiation.

"It's a date!" Bugs announced.

"Don't say it like that." Daffy frowned.

"Here take my phone number, you'll need it in case you get lost or need help with your lines." Bugs offered while handing Daffy a paper business card with his number on it.

Probably as a tactic to say that he'll be keeping a close eye on him throughout their agreement.

"I don't need that cursed number. You're just going use it to make my life even more miserable." Daffy said, shaking his head.

"Maybe, but who's to say that I don't?" Bugs said with a wink.

"You're despicable." Daffy grumbled while finally taking the card from his hand with a peeved look on his face.

"Oh, lighten up Doc. I was just only getting started." Bugs said with a snicker while nudging him on the arm with his elbow.

Oh brother.

Daffy thought with a small sigh.

This was going to be a nightmare from the very start.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later on, after a few more conversation fumbled by, Bugs then decided to leave Daffy alone since he's already had his fair share of fun for the moment.

"Okay then. I'll let you get home so that you can have a look over at your script before you rest for the night. I'll see you tomorrow partner." Bugs said with a classic cowboy hat and waved goodbye before turning around to go elsewhere in the Studios.

"Oooo! Quiet you!" Daffy yelled out to him from a distance, with his face turning red from some of the anger build up inside him as he walked over to his car and drove on home.

While Bugs chuckles over his leave and was fixing to head to his Staff Trailer until he was blocked by the director, Chuck Jones, who had been listening in this whole time.

"Mr Bunny. What is the meaning of all this?" Chuck Jones asked, with his hands crossed, firmly.

"Hi director. I see that you got the news. What do you think? I looked great out on camera, don't I?" Bugs asked rhetorically with a wink which made the director even more irritated from his apparent unprofessional behavior.

"Bugs, you need to take this matter seriously. You know well just as much as I do that we don't do 'couple' dating here at The Studios. Especially with what you did just now in front of all those reporters." Jones reminded, referring to the flirting that he was doing with Daffy on live TV.

"Oh that? Pssh. It's just show and games for the fans out there, that's all. Nothing special." Bugs brushed off with his hand, however, from the looks of the director, it would seemed that he was not buying into the whole scheme of it.

"And when the rumor hits the actual news or even the newspapers, then what? Are you just going to tell the whole world that you're..." Jones was going to say, referring to a fearful subject that most celebrities face coming out, until Bugs stop him, with an expression in his face that was so unreadable, you couldn't tell if it was his joking face or perhaps a much more serious face than most would thought.

"Hold it, director. I get that you want to protect the company from the unnecessary media attention. But see here's the thing, I haven't exactly done anything that can cause damage to the reputation of The Studios just yet, okay? That local news woman only covers gossip for celebrities and what she got from the gist of it, is absolutely nothing more than a fun little idea that suggests, we could be dating. Not that we are dating to be exact. Plus all of those 'dates' that I plan on doing are just lunches or going out to public places like the movies and such. I can assure you, it won't go further than that." Bugs promised.

"Well for the sake of your jobs, I hope you're right about that because if we have to tell the Warner Brothers. I won't hesitate to do so." Jones warned with a stern look to let him know that he wasn't kidding about it, neither.

"It's all good, director." Bugs said with his thumbs up that thankfully was enough to convince him for now.

"Okay, then. Get some rest. Don't forgot, I'll be seeing you on set with the others at 8:00am. Have a good night." Jones reminded before walking off elsewhere.

Once he was gone and out of sight, Bugs was able to sigh in relief and went inside his trailer, shutting the door behind him.

As he gets himself ready for tomorrow's shooting scene.