Chapter 7

After all of the cast was under spotlight makeup all set up everything has been reset and remade on scene set, except for the introduction, for the episode "Rabbit Fire", Elmer then starts off his lines first by stealthy sneaking, while wearing a classic brown hunter's costume, boots and hat. 

"Shhh, be very, very quiet. I'm hunting wabbits. heh heh heh." Elmer said as he walks a few more steps forward before the director stops him. 

"Alright cut!" The director Chuck Jones yelled out before turning to Bugs.

"Now you, Mr. Bunny." Jones add on. 

"Gladly" Bugs said with a confident smile before jumping off his Hollywood name-labeled chair and walks over on set while Daffy from a distance shakes his head, annoyed. 

Ugh. 

What a showoff.

Daffy thought, rolling his eyes as the cameraman rolls the tape again with them filming Bugs who was also sneaking in a different style with only his feet being shown on camera before the camera is then set back to Elmer. 

"Oh boy! Wabbit tracks!" Elmer shouted out with silly expressions on his face as he follows the array of mud-like footprints. 

"Alright, now you Daffy. And put those on." Jones said, referring to a pair of fake feet that resembled a lot like Bugs's to make the audience piece together the actual trick that was being pulled in the scene.  

"What?! These look so...." Daffy was going to say weird before he was cut off quickly by the impatient director. 

"Just put them on, please. I don't have all day." Jones said, rubbing his head, irritated. 

"Okay. Now what do I do?" Daffy said after placing the fake pair over his flippers. 

"Didn't you read the script?" Jones asked, rhetorically. 

"A little but..." Daffy said until he was interrupted again. 

"Then go already! This film costs money every time, you mess it up." Jones warns in aggravation. 

"Yeah, yeah. I got it." Daffy grumbled.

Seems like everyone around here is a hypocrite. 

Daffy thought before brushing past Bugs who waved at him with a half-smile on his face while the other half of his gesture feels a very different emotion that is not seen by a lot of people.

"Relax Chuck, he's trying. It's his first day. Give the guy a break a little." Mel Blanc said calmly while patting his friend on the back to help him keep his cool. 

"I know that. But he needs to realize that the acting business is more than just fun and games. It takes a lot of effort, and he has to be able to start studying for his lines or else it could take weeks at a time to cover one episode." Jones pointed out. 

"Well, you won't have to worry about that. Bugs is here to mentor him if he needs any help with memorization. And besides, I personally think that they can make a good team once they get to know each other more." Blanc encouraged with a laugh seeing how the two actors are total polar opposites with the same goal of being in the spotlight. 

"I doubt that. Yesterday, I overheard him taunting the poor guy to go out with him on dates on top of the rumors that have already started to spread across the media from that gossip reporter, Tiffiany Legerwood, on the same day. It's like he enjoys toying around his new co-worker for his own amusement. But that's not my problem. As long as it doesn't leak out to the Warner Brothers than I guess I don't have much to say for that." Jones explained while Blanc shrugs his shoulders in acknowledgement. 

"Oh, I'm sure that he's just teasing him that's all. It's not like they're doing anything that can bring up too much attention. Kind of like a pair of the odd-couple who can annoy each other to death in real life." Blanc said, referring to 1968 film with Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau, who were famously known to be best friends that got on each other's nerves over the little stuff. 

Except, that Daffy hasn't been able to figure out just yet, what would drive Bugs crazy. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few more cuts play through that included Daffy's character tricking Bugs's character to come out of the rabbit home in front of Elmer and other special effects to make it look that Bugs or Daffy would be shot out by Elmer, the crew decided to stop filming for the day since it takes a lot of time to put together the sounds and 'boom explosions' from the fake gun. 

"Alright everybody. Good work out there. You can all go home now and get some rest. Tomorow we'll be doing the argument scenes and the poster signs. So, props team, make sure that you have those wanted posters ready to go in the morning. Also, actors, you did a great job too, but you still need to work on your gestures and lines a little. The more you have memorized, the shorter time it'll take to catch it all on camera. That's it." Jones announces to all as many of the crew members immediately walk away, relieved that they have made progress and can relax now for the moment. 

Including, Daffy, who was more than happy to go home so that he can take a better nap.  

"Finally." Daffy groaned quietly while grabbing his work bag that had stuff like his ID to sign in, water bottle and some snacks to keep his constant grouchiness to a fair minimum level. 

Man, for an actor, it sures takes a lot of work. 

How can anyone play it out for so long?

Daffy thought before heading out to his car to go home. 

But before he can do that, Bugs, who was trailing right behind him, interrupts his quiet time. 

"What's up doc?" Bugs asked with a teasing grin. 

"Not now Bugs. Can't you see I'm too tired to deal with your shenanigans right now? How about we go on your stupid dates another day, okay?" Daffy asked. 

"Oh, well that's too bad. I was thinking of going to a spa but if don't want to..." Bugs said with a hint of persuasion in his tone right as Daffy cuts him off and turns to him, confused. 

"A spa? You can't be serious." Daffy said, puzzled. 

"Why not? You did say that you were tired. How about one spa session that will includes a nice sauna, an hourly massage and a mud face treatment. Then, when we're done, I can take you home. Deal?" Bugs asked with a more honest smile on his face. 

"Okay then. But if I go, then you're paying for the whole thing" Daffy said, trying to see if he wants more out of him. 

But surprisely, that didn't seem to be the case. 

"Works for me." Bugs agreed naturally while Daffy keeps an eye on his expressions more suspiciously. 

What's his game here?

Why does he insist that I keep him company?

It's like he's trying to bribe me to be his friend. 

Daffy thought weirded out as the two heads over to Bugs's car and drove on over to a day spa in town.