Chapter 12

As strange as it all sounded, the next day seemed to be normal again as Bugs enters the stage set with the same cool mannerisms and tone in his greetings.

"Morning Doc." Bugs said to everyone in the cast crew, including Chuck Jones and Mel Blanc before glancing over at Daffy with a different and much more softer expression on his face.

"Daffy." Bugs said with a wave before Daffy immediately crosses his arms and turned away from him.

Hmph.

Now that he came back from whatever moment he was having yesterday.

I wonder what tricks he'll have up to his sleeves this time.

Daffy thought, rolling his eyes as everyone got themselves ready for a classic episode of another duo rival episode.

Specifically, Iceman Ducketh.

Which was an episode about Daffy's character taking Bug's character's pelt in exchange for money during the winter times.

The scene first starts out with Daffy in a hunter-like outfit, who overhears people inside the trader-post shop, talking about the good catches that they've had during their seasonal hunt.

"It's been good season this year, eh Enrique?" One customer said up at the front to the owner.

"Oui" Enrique agreed simply with a nod.

"Here is your two thousand dollars. See you next year, Pierre." Enrique said before giving the customer a bundle of cash, while taking the fur pelts in exchange.

Which made Daffy's character jump up in excitement.

"Oh boy! They're playing my song. I better check into this." Daffy said to himself before entering the store.

"Pardon me Garçon. Are you really paying out good money for a bunch of mangy hides?" Daffy asked, with his acting voice confident but unnoticeably tired from his lack of sleep.

"Oui, that is true but...." The man said before he was interrupted.

"Thanks! That's all I need to know! Don't close up just yet, till I get back. I'll be back with those pelts." Daffy said, not hearing what the guy said next before leaving the camera to face only the man in the scene.

"....But it's too late to trap fur. Winter is already over." The man said in loud voice, enough for the director to get the audio on set before stopping from there.

"And cut! Good job you two. Now Daffy, I need you to get ready while we reset the screen. Bugs, be prepared for your opening lines as well. Let's move it guys!" Chuck announced to the cast, referring to the background set that he has to put up so that it looks like they were outside in the snow.

Leaving Daffy alone with Bugs on the cast crew chairs, who decided to strike up a conversation while they were waiting for Chuck to finish the stage set.

"So how has your morning been Doc?" Bugs asked with a sly smile on his face. 

"Why do you care? Didn't you have to somewhere to be last night?" Daffy asked.

"Eh, you're no fun. But hey, at least I wasn't up all night, packing up things from my apartment." Bugs pointed out.

"For your information rabbit, I happened to have a lot of stuff. And I DIDN'T need any of your help in moving it." Daffy reminded him.

"Ouch. Geez, Doc. I think you just broke my poor, aching heart." Bugs said while placing his hand on his head in a dramatic form.

"Tuh! You may think that you're fooling all your fans back there at the Interview. But I know for a fact that you're not as angelic as you think you are." Daffy said, his eyes squinted in suspicion.