Chapter 13

Back with Bugs and Daffy, the two are still waiting to do something.

With Daffy growing impatient more and more by the minute.

"Well?" Daffy asked, crossing his arms.

"Well what?" Bugs asked, rhetorically with a small chuckle at his annoyance.

"Aren't you going to kiss me? I don't have all day, you know. The guys over there are still sitting there, waiting for us to do the improv." Daffy reminded him.

"Oh I'm sorry. I thought you wanted to be 'prepared' and give you time. But I guess you're ready after all." Bugs teased.

"Stop playing around rabbit and just do it already." Daffy said, rolling his eyes.

Ugh.

No wonder your girlfriend couldn't stand you.

You're a complete pompous and a manipulator at that.

Daffy thought, irritated.

As Bugs's charming smile got bigger and used this as a chance to mess him around for fun.

"Okay then. Mwhaaa!!" Bugs said right before he leaned over quickly and smacked him right on the lips!

As Chuck and Mel suddenly drop their jaws with the camera crew filming every second of that moment.

"Puh! Dirty rotten scoundrel." Daffy mumbled loudly while he immediately jerked away from him and wiped his his mouth vigorously with his hand in disgust.

This is exactly what I was afraid of.

I knew that rabbit had something on me.

I hate this job.

Daffy thought with his tongue spitting out in a 'Bleh!' effect.

"Oof. Okay. Well, Good job everyone. We'll stop it from here and let the editing crew take care of the rest for that one scene. Thank you." Chuck announced as the crew, including Bugs and Daffy, got off the stage and towards their own way while Mel and Chuck review over the scene among themselves.

"Sigh. Well, what do you think?" Mel asked, figuring that Chuck would not sit well with this unexpected bold move.

"Uh...it'll do for now. But what about them? I'm telling you, this could end badly for their careers as well as our own." Chuck said, worried, biting his knuckle nervously.

"I think you're getting all worked up for nothing. They'll be fine. They both agreed to improv like this so, no worries." Mel assured, but Chuck was simply not going to let it slip that easy.

"Fine. But if it's over the top or one of them ends up suing the other for harassment, then I'm going to separate them and distribute out a new plan for their roles. And I mean it Mel, I'm not playing around with this for much longer." Chuck informed.

"Doesn't matter. I won't stop you. Do what you need to do then." Mel said, shaking his head with a 'forget it, you won't change your mind' thought in his mind.

He gave up trying to reason with him and hoped that this could go all well for the both of them.

————————————————————————————————————————————————

Meanwhile, Bugs and Daffy were walking up towards the parking lot as Bugs decides to strike up yet another conversation to Daffy's irritation.

"So Doc, what's next?" Bugs asked, curiously.

"Ha! You think you can treat me to somewhere nice after that awful kiss you just gave me back there." Daffy asked rhetorically, with his frown even more hilarious to Bugs as he continues his  playful taunting.

"Oh, my bad. Was I making you feeling uncomfortable? I am so sorry Daffy, I thought you were ready. After all, you were quite the expert on acting right? From what I figured, you even had excellent stage talent on the set too with that frown of yours." Bugs said, slyly.

"Shut up Rabbit. You always think that you're so good looking and a hot shot with that charm of yours. But no matter what you do, it's still not going to work for me. Because let me tell you, if it wasn't for my job, I wouldn't have to put up with a low sleazy con man like you. Oh, and another thing, you..." Daffy said within a blur of his complaints to Bugs's laughter as he then looked over to his left for a slight moment right before his expression was changed into a horrified one!

"Daffy! Watch out!" Bugs yelled out before he immediately pulled him by the arm and yanked him out of the road way.

Beep!

The car blared out it's horn angrily as the SUV zoomed past them in a cloud of smoke in view.

Until the air becomes clear with Bugs leaning his body and hands on the edge of the car over Daffy, whose back was against the trunk.

"Pant. Jeez Doc. You got to be more careful and pay attention when we're crossing the streets, next time. What if you had gotten hurt and I wasn't there to pull you out of the way? Then what?" Bugs said speedily from the panicked moment in a heave.

"S... sorry." Daffy said in a stumble with a light color of blush coloring his cheeks.

Since when did he ever care about my safety?

Daffy thought, surprised.

There was always that side of Bugs that he could never understand.

One moment he's a teaser that will absolutely drive you nuts.

And the next, he's someone who was truly frightened by what had just happened out there.

As if....he was really worried for him.

"Sigh. It's fine. As long as you're okay." Bugs said before looking up and immediately realized that he was too close to him.

"Oh!" Bugs said right as he backed away from him in a jolt to give him some space.

"Heh. Not the first time you were really close to my face." Daffy joked with a small nervous laugh.

"Yeah..." Bugs said, with his face also lighting up in streaks of blush while rubbing his arm anxiously.

There was a long pause in silence as the two awkwardly look away from each other.

Until Bugs spoke up and broke the silence.

"Can I....take you somewhere? There's something that I've been wanting to go to for a long while." Bugs asked.

"Where are we going?" Daffy asked, curiously.

"A rose garden. It's about 12 miles from here in San Marino. We can walk up the trails and see the flowers. Maybe even have a nice lunch and get some tea. What do you think?" Bugs asked, with his face burning up red a little.

As Daffy's face also started to flare up in a similar color.

Why....am I feeling like this?

He thought, with his heart beating rapidly fast.

At first, he was going to question all of sudden the confusion that was wrapping his mind around crazy, like a bandage.

Until he looked directly at Bugs and saw that his eyes were genuine.

And remarkably beautiful in its blue hue.

Which showed what his true personality really was this whole time.

"That....actually sounds really nice." Daffy said, with a smile that slowly started to glow.

Bugs then, begin to grin as well and nodded his head, with his heart thumping to a softened beat.

"Okay. Let's go then. I can drive us." Bugs said before the two walked over to Bugs's car and drove on over to San Marino.

As they slowly begin to feel more at ease.

With the air between them, now light and sweetened in its warm aura.