10

It's been 2 days since Toothless left to find help. No one has come in to talk to me since Toothless escaped and all the cuts on my arms from being thrown into my cell are healing very slowly. I feel like I sleep more because I don't know when the sun rises or sets. I hope Toothless and the others find me before I lose my mind. I hear the prison door open and I move further into the corner. The guards looked at me and then just walked away. They've done this for the last two days every two hours. It helps me keep track of the time and tells me when it's close to nightfall. When the guards left my guard went down and I started to feel drowsy. I curl up in my corner and fell into a deep sleep.

I woke up to a rattling sound and I slowly opened my eyes to see something surprising. Astrid was picking the lock to my cell with Toothless behind her.
"Astrid, you came for me?" I whispered. I can't believe she came to rescue me.
"Of course I came. That's what friends are for right? To save them from the bad guys when they decide to piss them off because they won't train dragons" she laughed. Only she would make a joke during a serious moment. She mustn't be too worried then. She finally got the lock opened and I run to give her a hug. It may have only been 2 days but they were the longest and hardest days of my life. I let her go and without a word we got on Toothless and left. I don't want to spend another minute here. Toothless quietly walked to the door of the prison and I saw all the guards knocked out. I looked at Astrid and she just smiled and shrugged. I guess my training paid off. We make it out of the prison and went to the centre of the island to see more guards knocked out.
"Did you bring other people with you or did you and Toothless do this yourselves?" I whispered. Dagur and Viggo said there will be more guards outside the prison but they are all now lying on the ground.
"They suck at their job." she whispered back. She had a point. I always escaped easily because Dagur never bothered to train his people. I'm surprised that Viggo hasn't brought his people here yet. They are better trained that I don't think I could get away from them if there were a small handful of them. We were about to take off when Dagur's voice cut through the silence.
"HOW? How did you get out? I have guards everywhere and you still escape." Dagur stood in spot not knowing what to do next. Viggo was nowhere in sight and Dagur was distracted that his people suck at their job that we took this chance to leave.
"WE WILL GET YOU HICCUP"  I chuckled and we made our way back to Berk.

We land in the cove and I hop off Toothless to go to lake. I sit down and relaxed all my muscles in my body. I've been tensed for 2 days and I just need a break from everything.
"Hiccup? You okay?" Astrid said putting her hand on my shoulder.
"Why did you save me? We were so mad when I captured and now we're friends."
"I thought about it and I figured there's no reason to be mad at you for something you couldn't control." She was right about that. Thank Gods she isn't mad at me. I lay on the grass and close my eyes to let the darkness take over my senses.