5

Jackie lays on his bed mindlessly, looking up at the ceilings with zero thoughts inside his head. He was trying to think of something, anything. But he couldn't think of anything to think of. He sighed, blinking when the light on his bedside table flicker.

He stood up, walking towards the door and opened the door. Stopping when he saw Victor in front of him, arguing with Reed.

"Didn't go as planned? It was a catastrophe. You ruined the lives of five people–" Victor said but was cut off by Reed, not even noticing that Jackie is looking at them.

"I ruined? With all due respect, I told you to abort–"

"Abort? Reed, I put my company, my name, billions of dollars on the line, and I will not let you make me look like a fool." Victor said, finally noticing Jackie was standing by the doorway.

"Victor, if we could understand what happened to us–" Reed tried to say but was cut off by Victor again.

"I don't want to understand it. This isn't one of your science projects. I just want to fix it. Fast!" Victor said as Jackie narrowed his eyes on the scar on Victor's face, the lights growing dim slightly.

"There a problem, Vic?" Ben asked from down the hall.

"No problem, Ben." Victor said, finally looking at Jackie who was looking at his scar with an intrigued expression before he looked into his eyes when he noticed him staring. He turns back to Reed as the lights flicker again. "Just pay your goddamn electric bill, and get to work on a cure." He said, looking at Jackie again before walking towards the elevator and steps into it.

"I'll be right back." Jackie said, walking towards the staircase. Not even waiting for their response as he run down the stairs.

• • •

Victor walked out of the elevator, stopping on his tracks when he saw Jackie leaning on the wall right in front of him. A small smile appearing on his face when Jackie wrapped his arms around him, burying his face in his neck. He wrapped his arms around Jackie's waist, the boy hugging him tighter as if they had not seen each other for three years.

"It feels like it." He heard Jackie said, bringing his attention back to the brunette. What is with him saying his thoughts out loud. Victor tilted his head down to look at Jackie, finding him already staring up at him, specifically his big scar.

"Are you alright?" Jackie asked, unwrapping his arms around Victor as he examine the big scar on the man face. "That looks like it hurts." He said, taking Victor's hands into his smaller one with the older man thumb stroking his soft hands.

"I'm fine, I promise." Victor said, bringing one of Jackie's hand up to his scar to touch it. His eyes fluttered slightly at the feeling of Jackie's careful hand on his face. He looked down into the boy's blue eyes, a smile trying to crept up onto his face when he saw the dilated pupils.

Jackie pulled his hand away from the scar, placing his hand by his sides.

"I'll send you some books to read." Victor said, breaking the comfortable silence that had fallen upon them.

Jackie nods, smiling up at Victor. "And I will always appreciate and care for the books you give to me, Vic." He said as Victor let go of his hand that he was still holding.

Victor nod, letting out a small sigh. "I'll be leaving now." He said, hugging the boy one more time before walking out of the Baxter building.

He opened the car door, looking behind him and waved at Jackie when he noticed him still by the same place. Smiling when Jackie waved back at him, but his smiles faded when he heard the women's sighing. They must've thoughts Jackie was waving at them. How pathetic... He thoughts as he shakes his head, entering the car at the exact same time Jackie left the place.

• • •

"So, you can see Sue when she's invisible?" Reed asked, looking up from his clipboard to Jackie who is comfortably sitting cross legged on air, levitating. "That was why you didn't look at her once at the bridge." He mutters to himself after Jackie had nodded as an answer.

"It seems that the power you had used at the bridge and tent, you possibly have telekinesis and a force field generation." Reed said, turning towards the hall when he heard approaching footsteps and saw Sue walking towards them.

"How are you doing with the checkup?" Sue asked, stopping by her levitating brother who placed his feet down on the floor, standing on his two feet.

"Well, we found out he have telekinesis, a force field generation, ecokinesis and... these two powers I don't have the name for." Reed said, writing down on his clipboard.

"What two powers?" Sue asked, crossing her arms as she turned her head to look at Jackie, as if asking him to elaborate.

"Actually, Jackie, It'll be nice for you to not use those powers." Reed said, making Sue turn her head to him. "It's too dangerous for you to use them now. Seeing as you don't know how to control them."

"We have videos of it." Jackie said when he saw the look of concern on his sister face, pointing towards a video camera sitting on a table.

Sue walked towards the camera and takes it into her hands, she opened the little screen and press play on the first videos titled only the word: Sage.

In the video Sue can see Reed and Jackie, Jackie standing in front of the camera while Reed circled around the boy with a clipboard on his hand.

"Alright, let's see what you can do, Jackie." Reed said, looking up from the clipboard, head turning to look at the camera to make sure it's recording. He nod when he saw that it's still recording, turning his head back towards Jackie.

"You should move back." Jackie said, sighing softly as he closed his eyes. He searched inside his brain, looking for the same energy he had felt on the bridge. He breathed out a sigh of relief as he finally found it, opening his eyes and smiled. His smiles faded when he saw the same man again, but this time he's looking at him with narrowed eyes rather than a confident smile.

He slash his hand at him, expression angry. The powers that came out of him was something bad as it hit him right in the chest.

Reed looked up from the clipboard when he heard a pained grunt coming from the youngest Storm. Eyes widened when he saw something suddenly appears from the floor that resemble the engraved case of the pocket watch fastly moving like clock that has fast forward.

"Jackie?" Reed called out cautiously, slowly backing up from Jackie when he saw the boy's body started flaming up like Johnny in his fire form, except his fire is green instead of the yellow, red and orange color. Reed hides behind a metal table as the wind picks up inside the room, his eyes widened again as he place his head down under the table as Jackie fire burst through the room.

It was quiet for three seconds before Reed looked up from over the table, seeing Jackie levitating off the ground on his back. The green fire not seen anywhere on his body. Reed stood up on his feet, looking around the room and saw nothing being destroyed or disturbed.

Reed turned his head to look at Jackie, placing the clipboard down on the table as he placed his hands under the boy's knees and head, carefully placing the boy down on the ground as the video ended itself.