16. Backstory

A/N: Do you guys mind if I put this fic on hiatus for a sec? (I don't know how many days it will be. I wanted to change the villain into an oc character named Samael Blackthorn played by Timothée Chalamet, and, another oc called Serpentia played by Cara Delevingne. Jean Grey will be switched to Samael Blackthorn.

I also wanted to rewrite the avengers series, because, when I wrote them I wasn't planning on doing a series. I will rewrite them and make sure to mention about Samael or about something else that will be mentioned. What is it, I don't know yet.

Here's information about Samael Blackthorn:

Name: Samael Ignatius Blackthorn
Age: 27

His list of powers:

Poison generation
[The power to create deadly toxins or diseases]

Hypnosis
[Inducing a trance-like state in others to influence their actions]

Regeneration
[Rapidly healing from injuries and regrowing lost body parts]

Molecular disintegration
[The power to break down matter at the molecular level]

Gravity manipulation
[The power to control over gravitational forces]

Necromancy
[The power to raise and control the dead or communicating with spirits]

Shadow manipulation
[Mastery over shadows, granting concealment and darkness control]

Mind control
[The ability to manipulate the thoughts and actions of others]

The Darkhold
[Infinite knowledge]

The Phoenix
[Can cut, re-grow, or destroy any part of the universe]

Suit (without the mask and hat):

• • •

Samael snapped his eyes open with a gasp, sitting up from the uncomfortable bed to look around the room. He saw the white walls, floors and ceilings. He remembers where he is, he is in a mental asylum because those people wouldn't believe him that there's a superpowered person out there.

He had told them about how they are living in a Multiversal world, and all they did to him was laugh at him as if he was telling the funniest joke to them. Samael remembered how those people throws stuff at him, everything they can find their hands on, they will throw it at him.

Samael shakes his head, placing his bare feet on the cold white floor. He thought that he can trust them, he thought that they will believe him. But he thought wrong, and he was wrong to trust them in the first place.

He stood up on his two feet, almost falling back down on the bed as he had stood up too fast for his mind to keep up. He shakes his head, his curly hair moved covering up half of his face.

"Samael." A feminine voice called out Samael name making him snapped his head up to the corner of the wall where there's a big shadow covering the wall.

"W-who's there?!" Samael exclaimed, eyes narrowed at the corner of the wall.

"Come to me, Samael." The voice said, letting out a small chuckle as Samael slowly approached her cautiously. "Don't be cautious. I'm only trying to help."

"Help me from what?" Samael said, eyes widening as a figure of a woman materialized right in front of him. She have a long dark hair that cascade down her body, she have smoky eyes and makeup that make her green eyes stand out more, she have words scattered along her body that he can't understand. She also wear a loose and flowing clothing and a headress that resemble a devil horn to finish her look.

"Revenge." She said, looking Samael up and down, studying him. A perfect candidate, a perfect man for her to manipulate to get what she wants.

"Who are you?"

"Serpentia." Serpentia answered, attempting to move closer to Samael but stopped when Samael stepped back.

"What do you want from me?" Samael asked.

"To help me kill Udtar." She answered, eyes glaring on the ground, as if saying Udtar's name is a crime.

"Who's Udtar?" Samael asked, flinching when Serpentia snapped her glaring eyes up at him.

"Don't say his name!" She hissed moving closer to Samael who backed away until he hits the wall. "He is my enemy." She answered, calming herself down to not scare Samael. "My creator."

"Why would you wanna kill your creator?" Samael asked, his shoulders relaxing when Serpentia backed away from him.

"Because he's building an army against me, to kill me." Serpentia explained, moving closer to wall and placing her hand against it. "An army of enhanced beings." She turned back to Samael who has sat down on the bed. "That's why I need your he-"

"I'll do it." Samael said, cutting her off in the middle of her sentence.

"There's another thing." Serpentia said before Samael could say anymore. "Jacob Gaia Storm, Henry Howlett, Jesse Miller, Percival Barnes, and Drakko."

"Should I know who they are?" Samael asked, a confused expression on his face.

"You will." She said, smiling at Samael before her smile faded. "I will need you to target Jacob when he gained his powers."

"Why him?"

"He's Udtar final hope."