2

Jackie let out a small groan, trying to figure out where he is when he opened his eyes. He sat up from the bed, rubbing his blurry eyes before placing down his hands on the bed. He looked around his room, seeing vase of flowers surrounding his bed.

He looked down at his hands, smoothing down his hand down his right arm wondering what had happened to the tough and leathery feelings inside his body. He looked up from his arms when he heard the door opening, watching his sister stopped on her tracks when he saw him, awake.

"Oh, Jackie." Susan sighed out with relief, walking forward and pulling him into a hug.

"How long was I out for?" Jackie asked, voice muffled from him burying his face into her shoulder.

"Three days." Susan responded, pulling back from the hug to look at him. "Everyone was awake except you, I was so worried."

"Well, I'm here now. No need to worry." Jackie said, trying to calm his sister down.

"I'm always going to worry about you, Jackie." Susan said, turning her head towards the door when she heard the door opening and was surprised when she saw Victor walking in with a bouquet of yellow roses.

Victor stopped on his track, looking at the two siblings who is looking back at him with a surprised expression on their faces. He walked towards the overbed tables, placing the bouquet on the table as he turned towards the siblings, who is not saying anything since he's walked in.

"What are you doing here?" Jackie asked, breaking the silence that had fallen upon them ever since Victor had walked in.

"Can't I visit my friend?" Victor asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Maybe I'm just not used to you to visit me." Jackie answered, never breaking the eye contacts with Victor. Not noticing his sister looking at him and Victor suspiciously.

"I've done it multiple times before." Victor said, walking around the table and standing on the opposite of Susan as Jackie looked up at him. "Don't tell me you have forgotten about them."

"I didn't." Jackie said, far too quickly for his liking. "It's just been a while." He added, turning his attention away from Victor to his sister who has been watching the whole interaction with suspicious eyes.

"Did something happened between the two of you?" Susan asked, looking at Victor and then her brother. Noticing that Jackie's expression changed for a split seconds before his face turned into his normal expression.

"Why would you say that?" Jackie asked, turning his head to look at Victor for a split second before looking back at his sister.

"You two are acting weird." Susan said, crossing her arms over her chest. "Did something happened at the part-"

"I should leave." Victor cuts in before Susan finish her sentence, ignoring the gaze from both of the siblings as he turned his attention to Jackie. "Jackie you need to get yourself checked, seeing as you just woke up?" He questioned as the brunette nods at him, answering his question. "Well, I'm gonna leave now. I'm going to call a nurse for you." He said, patting Jackie shoulder, trying hard not to smile when the brunette jumped slightly. "Will you be there, Susan." He asked walking around the bed, slowing down his walk to make time for her to answer.

"Of course, Victor." Susan answered, nodding once.

Victor nods, walking out the door, making sure to call out a nurse to Jackie's room. Leaving the siblings to themselves.

• • •

Jackie walked out of the bathroom, wearing some fresh hospital clothes. Looking around his room at the vases of yellow roses, except one which is a white gardenias at the corner of the room. He smiled, knowing that all of these flowers are from Victor. He walked towards the flower bouquet Victor had recently brought with him, holding the bouquet in his left hand.