Moving Day

It was another beautiful Saturday morning in downtown Seoul. The city was already bustling as people went about their business, meeting friends for breakfast, taking walks in the park, and heading to busy shopping centers to grab the latest deals. Among that crowd, a loud group of nine women were busy hauling boxes and various pieces of furniture up the stairs of an otherwise quiet apartment complex.

"Son Chaeyoung, don't just stand there! Come help me!" Jihyo yelled from the open doorway of Nayeon's new apartment.

"Sorry unnie. I'm coming," Chaeyoung said as she hurried up the stairs, bypassing Momo and Jeongyeon as they carried a small couch.

"Lift that end a little higher Momo," Jeongyeon instructed.

"Ugh. How much farther? My arms are starting to hurt," Momo whined. Mina laughed from her spot at the top of the landing. She was guiding the pair to make sure they traversed the stairs safely.

"Just four more steps baby. You can do it," Mina cheered.

"Yeah, come on Momo. Don't wimp out on me now," Jeongyeon said.

"Shut up Jeong!"

"Okay, now take another step up," Mina said. Dahyun stepped outside and joined Mina on the landing.

"Jeongyeon unnie, where are your keys?" Dahyun asked.

"Uh, I think in the kitchen maybe? Go ask Nayeon."

Dahyun nodded and went back inside.

"Step up again," Mina said.

"Hold on babe. I need a second," Momo panted.

The Japanese woman let down her end of the couch and shook out her arms. She glanced behind her at the remaining steps then turned back to her moving partner. "Jeongyeon, I say we just power through this. You in?"

Jeongyeon nodded in agreement. "Ready when you are."

Momo got back in position and lifted the couch again.

"Okay. Babe, we're gonna go quick now. Just keep everyone out of the way," Momo warned her girlfriend.

"Huh?!" Mina started waving her hands frantically in protest. "Wait wait wait! Momo don't do that!"

"1! 2! 3!" Momo yelled. She and Jeongyeon lifted with all their might and powered up the remaining steps at an alarming rate.

"Momo! Jeongyeon! Be careful!"

Mina could only watch as the duo went up the stairs much more quickly than she thought was safe. By some miracle, they managed to make it to the landing without dropping the couch or stumbling on the way up. They set it down as soon as they could before collapsing on it, both completely out of breath.

"Finally!" Momo gasped.

"What's wrong with you two? You could have slipped and fallen down the stairs!" Mina scolded them. She shot both women a stern glare.

"But we didn't Minari," Jeongyeon said before taking a big breath. "We're fine."

"Yeah babe. We totally got it." Momo grinned and winked at her girlfriend.

"Ugh. You stubborn, hard headed idiots," Mina grumbled as she stomped her way inside the apartment.

"Woah. What's with Mina?" Dahyun asked as she came out the door again.

"Don't worry about her, she'll get over it," Momo said.

"Did you find my keys Dubu?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Yep. Nayeon unnie had them. She needs us to run to the store to pick up a few things. Can me and Tzuyu take your car?

"Sure."