**BONUS CHAPTER**

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR EXTENDED

trigger warnings: explicit and graphic sexual content

________________________________________

"When you left I walked into the ocean. Not to drown but to be held by something reluctant to let go."

Leila Chatti, from Postcard from Gone

________________________________________

He backed her up against the bed, his fingers digging into her sides. The trip from the tower to his bedroom had been difficult, the need to touch one another. To have a mouth somewhere on flesh. Her own lips burned with the need of it, already swollen and tingling from how hard she'd kissed him in the tower, and then in the hall, and then up the stairs to his room.

"How do you still have such a nice room?" she'd asked when he'd had her against the wall just outside his room.

"Money," he'd whispered against her neck.

To be touched by him was a curse, a dream, something so strangely in between.

When he had her against the side of his bed, the backs of her legs pressing against the frame, he eased his hands under her sweater. His fingertips left flames against her skin, goosebumps from a chill, an ache everywhere he touched. She was aching so deeply for him, she had to press her thighs together.

"Take it off," he whispered, tugging on her clothes. She knew he could tear them off her just fine but this was allowing for a different edge. They were both in control here but for how long, she didn't know.

She worked the sweater over her head, letting him take it and toss it somewhere behind him without another thought. He stared at her, his eyes roaming over her bra and then lower to her stomach and thighs.

He leaned over her, moving her backwards as he got closer and onto the bed. He took her face in one hand before sliding those masterful fingers through her hair, clenching it in his fist and tugging her face up to meet his before kissing her.

Those kisses started slowly, his parting her lips and tracing her tongue with his. He ran those same lips over her jaw, his breath fanning over her skin. He dragged his tongue up her neck before sucking on a spot he knew made her shiver. When his mouth found the curve of her breast, she sucked in a breath, finally leaning her head back against the bed.

He kissed her breasts, right over the lace bra she always wore. Her nipples hardened and she sucked in another breath as his mouth moved to below her bra and against her stomach. She was shivering, perhaps even shaking, from the need of him. Rowan could tell he knew just what he was doing to her as she felt him smile against her hip.

"Shall we go further?" he asked, fingers grazing the strap of her bra and the lace that was so dangerously close to coming off entirely.

She nodded and he smirked.

"Have to hear you say it, love."

"Yes," she breathed.

"Yes, what?" There was mischief in his eyes, something so dark it made her insides warm.