Chapter 14: Retak'ka's Redemption

Commander Retak'ka.

The most controversial Commander in TAPOPS of all Galaxies.

He used to be an old friend of the Legendary Hero, a humanoid alien named Hang Kasa.

They were the best of friends as children- brothers in fact. They grew up through the hardships and the harassment from other aliens who saw them as nothing but a waste of space- they did their best to try and survive against the harsh society they were forced to live in.

But it never mattered as long as they had each other.

Together, they were strong and filled with determination to get through everything life has thrown against them.

They were inseparable.

Until that faithful day... when Retak'ka changed

It all started when they found the two power spheres- GammaBot and CrystalBot- and had gained powers through them. It had been a game changer for the two.

It had been their ticket to survival.

It helped them become stronger and gain confidence against matches and battles they had to face head on (as it was also their own means of survival in gaining currency and basic needs through some shady underground fighting tournaments).

Then Hang Kasa started noticing... changes from his own brother as their powers grew. 

The merciless attacks, the ruthlessness... the greed in his eyes at every victory they yield.

Hang Kasa stared at his childhood friend with growing dread as the other loudly challenged onlookers for a stronger opponent to face after one of their matches.

It was probably the high of winning... the adrenaline and excitement...

...but he should've known better.

For Hang Kasa, it had been a point of no return when news reached his ears that Retak'ka had gone and attacked the Empress of Planet Windara, stole her power...

...and killed her.*

That's when he knew he had to intervene.

It took a lot of chasing and planning, but unfortunately, Hang Kasa was always too late to prevent Retak'ka from gaining more power. For some reason- Retak'ka was always one step ahead of him and had managed to kill all the elemental masters he had befriended during his journey.

Then, the villain decided it was his turn, and came the day they had to finally face off.

They exchanged blows in the never-ending expanse of outer space. Hang Kasa had no worries of other aliens getting caught in the crossfire in the dark void and had purposely baited him there. So he gave it his all and attacked without holding back.

Letting all his frustrations, anger and hurt- drive him into action and desperation.

He wasn't going to let him get away this time. He wasn't going to let him hurt any other aliens anymore.

All this, the Legendary Hero swore as he took out his secret weapon- a power sphere he had tracked down for this sole purpose- and sucked all the elements Retak'ka had harbored before sealing him in a crystal, not having the heart to finish him off.

In the end, no matter how much he had hurt and betrayed him.

Retak'ka will always be Hang Kasa's best friend and... brother.

.

.

.

.