CHAPTER 15!

Olivia's POV:

Well, these past two weeks have been pretty boring if I do say so myself. Shane and I have been "broken up" since that night in the car and haven't spoken to each other since. Most of that is due to the fact I haven't been showing up to any of my classes except like one a day that I know for sure I won't see Shane at. He's two grades above me but we still end up seeing each other in the halls and dining hall even if it's not planned. But me showing up to my classes is probably going to change, I'm currently sitting in the headmasters office right now waiting for my dad to show up and I know he's not going to be too happy. He's always so busy at work and him having to take off early to drive two hours to my school isn't gonna be good, I'm guessing he's not gonna be in a warm welcoming mood when he finds out about me skipping.

( I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I hear the door open and I turn around and see my dad and the headmaster. Hm, my dad actually doesn't look too upset, he just looks tired. The headmaster tells my dad to take a seat anywhere he'd like and he chooses the one next to me then the headmaster sits down in front of us at his desk. )

Dad - Sir what's this about?

Headmaster - Olivia is a very smart student, she makes good grades and she helps others in the class when needed. However, that's changed these past couple weeks.

Dad - Changed how?

Headmaster - According to all her teachers she's only been showing up to one class a day, she's been making good progress in that one class but it's not allowed for her to only attend when she feels like it.

Dad - Olivia is that true?

( I nod and my dad shakes his head disappointingly. )

Headmaster - The teachers have also pointed out that she's not been acting like her normal self. Instead of being upbeat and confident she's been quiet and not talking very much. I'm concerned about her and I think you should be to.

Dad - Did something bad happen?

( He asks turning towards me. )

Olivia - No dad nothing happened, I've just been tired that's all.

Headmaster - I would like to recommend that she speaks to the school counselor to figure out what's going on. If that's okay with you, of course.

Dad - Can we have a few minutes to talk alone?

Headmaster - Absolutely, I'll be back in a few moments.

( I sigh as the headmaster walks out closing the door behind me. )

Dad - I want you to be honest with me, did someone do or did something bad happen to you while you've been here?

( Yeah there's definitely no way I'm gonna tell him about Shane and everything else that's went on. )

Olivia - No, nothing bad happened. I really like this school.

Dad - Then why are you not showing up to class and acting different sweetheart?

Olivia - I'm just tired.

Dad - I'm concerned about you and I want you to be okay.

( I roll my eyes. )

Olivia - Dad you or mom haven't even really talked to me since you sent me off to summer camp. We've only talked a few times over the phone and text like once a week. Do you know how it makes me feel that my parents just abandoned me? You didn't even help me move in.

Dad - Sweetheart, you know that things are crazy at work right now. I never meant to abandoned you and I'm so sorry that I made you feel that way.

Olivia - It's whatever, I know work is the most important thing to you.