𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

Welcome to my newest book! Make sure to answer all questions and be sure to comment! Your comments heavily motivate me to keep writing and give me so many amazing ideas. Go ahead and add to y'all libraries so yall don't forget🤭
|
|
|
|
|

𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑- 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

|
|
|
|
|

|||||

OM
|

I observed the Manila file before me before running my hand across my face. Why me? During my vacation time at that. Why am I always getting called upon as if I'm Mrs. Crack the case. Well—I am, but that's beside the point. Why must my peace be disturbed. Most importantly, why did the airport charge me for a flight I never got on.

"You've been reading for a minute, Detective Maraj. Are more words appearing?" My captain spoke as I turned to him then chuckled. I was in disbelief. Fucked up, even. "I'm on my vacation—or so I'm supposed to be, yet I'm in this conference room, Nasir, Seriously? Despite having plenty of other detectives to handle this?" I questioned. "Well, you're our lead detective for a reason. I'll lay out the basics." He cleared his throat whilst panning the papers from the file over the table.

"This is 'BK', legal name, Beyoncé Knowles

"This is 'BK', legal name, Beyoncé Knowles. Born and raised in Rome, Italy. Moved to the states when she was freshly eighteen. Attended Spelman University, graduated with high honors and an excelling grade point average." He explained. "So she was a foreign scholar. Prison is needed immediately." I brushed him aside as he threw another file before me. "She owns a chain of high ranked hotels throughout America. After looking at bank statements, taxes, and payment records and history, we suspect money and possibly drug laundering. The amount she makes doesn't add up to how much her hotels bring in weekly."

I looked down the file of her bank statements before humming and brushing my hair aside. "I would suspect drug or money trafficking, but we don't have enough proof to build up a case. Cash payments wouldn't be booked and it could just be a glitch in the banking system." I shook my head as he nodded. "That's where you come in, baby." I gagged. "You go in—get us enough information to build a case. Once we have the case and proof that confirms our suspicions, she's dead meat."