𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Never in MY LIFEEE will I make a promise like I did yesterday. I'M SO TIRED. and I've been writing SINCE MORNING. And I have school tomorrow to really ice things on top. Anyway, it took so long to release the chapters because of the electricity scene, either way, I hope you all enjoy! word count is: 2896 Idek how it's that long

vote, comment and follow me for more <3

Ahiras POV

I let out a small grumble. It was coming to the early hours of the morning, and I hadn't gotten a wink of sleep. The distant events from a few hours still ponder through my mind, I let out a small shiver.

The room's quite chilly. Shouldn't they have heating?

Suddenly, the bedside lamp goes out. Confused, I sit up and take a closer look at the switch. It was still on. My eyebrows furrow in confusion as I try to make sense of everything. But, it all felt so foggy.

I shuffle into the fluffy slippers and saunter to the light switch on the opposite side of the room. Hesitantly, I turn it on. The room was still dark. Not only this, but the heating was most definitely off, I could hear my teeth chattering in the chill.

I exit the room and knock on Silas' door. Making sure to rub my arms repeatedly to create some kind of heat for my body.

No answer.

I let out a few curses before I open the door. There he was, lying peacefully awake on his bed. My jaw clenches in frustration, the audacity he has at times makes me want to punch his face.

"The heating isn't working in my room," I announce.

"If yours is off, then so are the rest of the guest rooms. It's either you sleep in here or on the sofa downstairs. Don't touch anything for now," he nonchalantly admits.

I bite my tongue, anger slowly fueles my lack of energy. I turn on my feet and head straight down the hall. I descend to the basement and venture further into the unfamiliar room to meet the electric box.

Perfect.

I open the latch and feel slightly overwhelmed at all the switches. This being said, I find the one for upstairs and switch it off then back on. Instantly, the room turns black.

"Shit," I mumble.

I rummage through my pocket for my phone. Once I find it, I turn on the flashlight. In a panic, I  look around. Not a slither of light could be seen.

"Ahira!" Silas bellows in frustration.

"Shit," I whine as if I've been caught stealing from a store.

I hurriedly feel for any switch I could feel for. Nothing worked. Swiftly, a pair of arms pull my waist from the electric box. Harshly, the door closes.

"You caused a power cut, dipshit," he grumbles.

I roll my eyes, I doubt he can see, but I don't care. Maybe if he was more accommodating to me, I wouldn't have to go down to his basement at 2 am in the morning, what an asshole.

"Go freeze away in your room," I fire back.

"You're crazy. We're both staying downstairs," I feel him brush past me and back into the dark hall.

I give myself a second to calm down before I use my flashlight to lead the way for me. The intense light pierces the empty hall. Carefully, I venture deeper into the blackness. The living room was as dark as night, but the small use of candles helped us immensely.

"Grab a blanket or two," Silas orders.

I groan in exasperation. Was I really going to sleep next to him? This was all my fault, I really should try taking responsibility.