𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Ahiras POV

"Hi, my name is Silas" he smiles beside me.

"We already met yesterday, did you forget? You're the guy who pushed me on the street and then walked away from me," I bluntly finish as I continue to look at the board.

"If you stopped being rude to people unnecessarily, you would be liked a lot more in this school," he bites under his breath.

That's the Silas I met yesterday, the nice guy act doesn't suit him.

I let out a scoff and continue to listen to the teacher. Time had gone by pretty silently between us, I wasn't expecting any conversation with him either.

"Our first project will be partnered with those on your table. It will last the whole term and will be an important test to excel on," Mr Dover explains.

My eyes widen, and my head whips to my left to see my partner. It seems like he had the same idea, I scrunch my face in annoyance before getting ready to pack away.

The bell rings and I was off to my locker, collecting my report booklet that the teacher had been filling out during the lesson. I had missed out on a tick which meant I had detention this Friday.

I roll my eyes and place my English book into my locker before slamming the door shut.

"The three are reunited again," I hear a girl squeal.

"I can't believe it'll be their last year! We are so gonna miss them!" Another group of people hypes.

I turn back around and cross my arms, it was Silas and two other guys in the centre of the hallway.

I cross my arms and rub my hand on my forearm and subtly scan the small groups in the hall, the distant feeling of alienation grows within me. Two girls had caught my eye, they were talking, they didn't seem to squeal at the sight of the three guys, they almost seemed kind of annoyed.

I walk up to the two girls and interrupt their conversation.

"What's going on?" I curiously ask.

They seemed surprised that I was talking to them, do I really seem that unapproachable?

"Their names are Silas, Tassilo and Blake," the blonde one answers.

"Tassilo is Theo's brother, he's the rich kid. Blake is the sensible one and the last one is Silas. Everyone thinks he's nice but he can really be an ass sometimes," The black-haired one continues.

"You're Ahira right?" The blonde one speaks up again.

"How did you know?" I confusedly ask, I hadn't seen these girls ever in my life.

"You're not the only one who does research about people in our school. That and also the whole incident last week with Theo of course," she chuckles

"I'm Kezia and she's Lydia," Kezia points to Lydia who was previously speaking.

"Can you show us your timetable? We might have the same classes," Lydia smiles once more.

I mumble in agreement and get out my timetable. It was the first time someone had wanted to get to know me more, the first time it went past my hair or skin colour or if I pronounced certain words differently because of my background. I was quite nervous to make friends but maybe it's not too bad after all. I usually default to being rude to hide from those things, to hide my vulnerability, it has been a long time since I've had t go out of my way to talk to people like this.

"We have Bio together! I'll take you there now," Lydia squeals.

She takes my hand and waves goodbye to Kezia before making some small talk with me on the way to class.

Once we get in, I give the teacher my report booklet and take a seat next to Lydia. We wait for the rest of the students to fill in the room. The three from the hallway were also in this class too. Coincidentally, right beside me and Lydia.

The teacher known as Mrs Alfonso does her register and within that time, Lydia fills me in on everything I missed.

As she brings out her book, I also bring out mine and copy her cover. Her name makes me stop in my tracks.

Lydia Alvarez.

Her surname looks extremely similar to one I've seen before.

I sneakily give her a side eye which she immediately acknowledges.

"What?" She hesitantly queries.

She looks at her book than mine and lets out a gasp of realisation.

"Oh! Blake and I are first cousins. The school doesn't really care much for me just Blake." She laughs nonchalantly.

She was either humble or extremely oblivious, every person I saw looked at Lydia with envy. She had the looks and connections it wasn't a surprise why some would be jealous.

"Bea's just came in," She gave her a long-lasting glare, they must have some sort of backstory together she seems too nice to have a pointless grudge.

I look up from my book to see her, it was the girl from the bathroom yesterday. We both make eye contact, she scrunches her nose at me before her face lights up at the sight of Silas. She skips towards the empty seat and places all her stuff on her side of the table before getting out a mirror and fixing her lipstick.

"Look who didn't have enough time to do a makeover in the bathrooms again," Mrs Alfonso adds with sarcasm and rolls her eyes.

"I'm sorry miss, you know I have to look perfect for my lovely Silas right?" She uses her hands to cup Silas' face before letting go to open her book.

Silas' jaw clenches and his pursed lips form a straight line, his body language showed he was getting pissed but his face seemed neutral. How interesting.

"Got anything to say Akira?"  Bea stands up from her chair, I was probably staring at her for too long.

But, for a girl who's only a desk away from me, she sure had some guts.

"Some people are trying to learn, stop being annoying. And before you speak to me again, get my name right you dumb fucking blonde" I go back to writing the date and the rest of the notes from Lydia's book.

"As if I'm going to listen to what some newbie girl has to say," she finishes without sparing me another glance.

"Another word from either of you and you will both be missing a tick from your reports," Mrs Alfonso sternly demands.

I let out a sigh and stay silent for the rest of the lesson. I already had a 15-minute detention on Friday, I didn't want it to increase.

Lydia and I talk about work and we slowly start to know each other better.

"When we first heard about you, we thought you were a bitch I'll be honest," Lydia admits.

"I hear that so often I'm not even surprised," I reply.

"Anyways, from today you will become really good friends with me and the rest of the group when you properly meet them," she smiles.

She was almost a breath of fresh air, she was bubbly and relaxed and not overly obsessed with gossip. But, I had one burning question.

Who were the rest of them?

A/N
idk y'all, editing this book makes me think that it might be a lot worse than I thought😭 I'll still going strong for now though💪🏾