𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚘

Just realised that the edited version of this chapter wasn't the one I published..woops.
Ahiras POV (a-he-raa)

I had to keep it on the down-low for the whole of today. I had no clue half the stuff we were learning about and after the encounter in the bathroom, I didn't want any more problems. I pick up my bag from my last lesson and leave school.

Dad probably wasn't going to be in today so I took the chance to grab a coffee and head to a library to do some studying. As I check the time on my phone and take another corner, all the air from my lungs is pushed out of me.

I try to regain some sort of balance as I look for what I had just collided with to see a guy, not just any guy but a good-looking one.

"It wouldn't kill you to mind where you're going," he looks at me.

I don't know what I was expecting a charming face like his to say but not the words he just said.

He seemed troubled in some way, the skin around his nails where bitten off and his hair was messy with a slight bruise on his left cheek.

I go onto my knees and pick up the pieces of my phone, the casing and any other bits and bobs that dropped from inside the case.

"It wouldn't kill you to move around me," 

"If I wasn't so stunned by his looks I would've cussed him out by now," I justify before I look up to see that he was still above me.

"You wanna say it louder? I don't think I heard you properly," he cockily replies.

He visibly takes in a gulp and stares into my eyes, time stopped for a second. His dark hair hangs over his forehead to highlight his faint freckles. His plump lips tightly press together before his pupils slowly grow in size.

Just as I was going to say something, his phone rang. He lets out a frustrated sigh and walks past me not giving me a second look as he crosses the next street.

I turn back around to the coffee shop and get some work done before going home.

~

I woke up early today to make myself lunch for later today, it seems like Dad had gone to work early again only meaning he would be back this weekend to stay overnight at home.

I take out the sandwiches I made yesterday night and wrap them up to eat on the way to school.

I open the school doors and walk straight across the hallway to meet the football field. I usually sit on the benches or under the tree until it's time to get to class.

while I'm listing to music, I put my things down and update my diary I have a bad habit of taking it with me everywhere but it was the only way I could rewind. I close my eyes and take in the cool breeze.

Who woke me up when I was under that tree?

The last thing I remember was a rock colliding with it and a ton of leaves falling onto my clothes. Before I could even see who it was they were too far away. The only noticeable thing about them was their grey jacket, which wasn't too helpful since everyone has one.

I shake myself out of my daze and I hurry to my first lesson. I pause when I'm outside the door and take in a deep breath before opening it. The number of eyes that had set upon me made it turn into an unpleasant atmosphere.

"Is your name Ahira?"  The English teacher asks.

My head snaps to the teacher at the front of the classroom with a whiteboard pen in his hand.

"Yes," I confidently utter.

The teacher gives me a small glare before taking out a sheet from his folder.

"You are sat next to Silas, he is the one on the end row which has a free seat to his right." He says once more.

The students in the class immediately begin to speak amongst themselves at the teacher's words.

I scan my eyes for my seat all for a pang of unease to hit me. It was the guy from the coffee shop, the one who bombarded me on the street, looked down upon me and then left me to pick up the things he made to fall all on my own. His name was Silas.

"Is there any other seat available sir?" I barter

With those few words, even more, chatter was made. This time, it was a lot louder.

"Do you think she knows him?" Someone asks to another

"How dare she say no, just because she exposed Theo doesn't mean she can do whatever she likes,"

I glare at both of them which makes them shut their mouths immediately.

I grab my bag from the floor, pull my skirt down a bit and march to the bottom right corner of the room, kicking a few designer bags in my way until I get to the deviant now known as Silas.

This lesson was going to be a long one.