𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

TW: Abuse! I'll put this as a one-time reminder as I won't be able to constantly do this for every chapter but be warned! I draft and then edit my chapters before they go out so I'm putting the A/N here since this chapter was written in like Dec 2022(- Present d1itto)

Ahiras POV

"Kezia you have amazing taste. She's gonna be stunning for the party tomorrow!" Lydia squeals.

We all collectively laugh before I lock the door behind me to get changed. Suddenly, the contents of my bag plummets to the floor and my diary opens up to its latest entry.

You heard that right diary, I'm going to a party. My first party. Ever.

I may have missed out on filling you in so let me quickly go through the main parts of it.

After the bio lesson from the last chapter...

Me, Lydia and Kezia were back in the hallways once more. We had all agreed on having a coffee this weekend so we can really bond some more.

That was all until Silas, Blake, and Tassilo overheard our conversation.

I had seen them in the hallway but I made the stupid decision to look at Silas. The only thing he did was break eye contact to whisper something to a girl's ear that had walked by. She gave him the satisfaction of a giggle before she went on her way, Silas looked back at me with a smirk. I don't know what his intentions were back then but I honestly didn't care at that very moment.

"So guys what time are we meeting up on Saturday?" I asked trying to get his irritating smirk out of my mind.

"Y'all are going out this weekend? Come on cuz I thought we promised to do a birthday party for you!" Blake threw his arm around Lydia.

I whipped my head around to see that the three of them had probably intended to go to us the whole time. While Blake stood next to Lydia, who was standing next to Kezia, Silas was on my side which left Tassilo in the middle of the small semi-circle that we unintentionally formed.

After feeling his not-so-subtle breaths fan my ear, I open my phone. I go onto the notes section and increased the font big enough for Silas to see from behind me.

Breathe the other way asshole.

After a few moments, the warm breaths were no more. It left me with a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I and Kezia made eye contact for a moment, looking from me to Silas. I look to Lydia who was still trying to argue her way out of another party. No wonder Blondie was so adamant about us going out, she wanted to have an excuse if Blake ever had the chance to ask about this specific topic.

"Blake you had a party literally last week," Lydia rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, but that's not the point. This weekend will be your weekend!" Blake lowered his head to meet Lydia's gaze.

"Hey everyone! My cousin's birthday party will be at my house this weekend, everyone's invited! If you want to enter the house to get this lovely present or don't come at all." Blake shouted out to the hallway filled with people.

As the people cheered, a slight blush was seen on Lydia's cheeks. She was embarrassed, to say the least, she wriggled from under Blake's arm and closes her locker as a way to distract herself from the growing smile that was on her face. She was enjoying it as much as Blake was, and he knew that too.

Well, diary now that you know, it's currently a Friday. Dad will be home but, he said he's gotten better. He promised he would...

I stop myself from reading any more and pick up the things that were spread on the floor.

I dress back into my clothes and open the changing room door to get ready to go.

"I have to go. My Dad will be home early today" I lie. He was still going to come late at night I just wanted to have my food up in my room before he came.

"Okay! We'll see you tomorrow at my place," Lydia smiles.

I wave goodbye to both Kezia and Lydia once more before heading home. The thought of Dad was slightly daunting, he said he would change. I should believe him.

As I walk to the front door, the kitchen light illuminates the room.

I unlock the front door key and reluctantly step into the house.

"Dad?" I whisper.

It was then I heard the thunderous bellows.

"You gold-diggin' bitch! You left me when I had nothing and now you want to curse me by turning my child into someone like you?" He shouts from the living room.

I tip-toe around him, a floorboard creeks. Shit.

"Ahira! Come here," he growls his voice getting louder with every word he speaks.

I turn my body around, my stomach mixed in ways it wasn't meant to be in. I ball up my hands to stop them from shaking.

"Who told you to be home so late?" He queries, and he slowly walks towards me.

" I was only late by a few minutes and-"

"Liar! Just like your mother!"

At this point, we were face-to-face. Each forced breath I took in smelt like alcohol. I thought I had thrown it all away. Where did he get it from?

His large hand swiftly lands on my cheek, it was hard enough to sting but not enough to bruise.

"Answer me!" He was getting ready to give me another slap.

Scared of his next move, I weave beside him and bolt to the stairs.

"Ah!" I whimper in pain.

He forcefully pulled my arm back. With his other hand, he lands another shot on the left of my lower back.

"Who do you think you are to run away from me?" He snarls.

He pulls me close towards him before pushing me with both arms away from him. Leaving me to fall.

The glass table collapses under my weight leaving it shattered around my body.

He storms towards me, pulls back his leg and kicks my rib. As he does this, the shattered glass from beneath my body jabs into me.

"Please!" I cry out.

"The next time you want to lie to me I'll do a lot worse than I have done today," he shouts.

He gives me one more harsh stomp in the centre of my stomach before taking the half-empty bottle of beer from the floor and slamming the front door shut.

My world goes quiet for a moment, and then the tears come.

I shrink myself into a small ball on the shattered glass and cry, my face scrunches in pain as I try to register what had just happened.

I check the time and gasp in shock, the cleaners were going to come in 10 minutes. I can't let them see me like this.

I get up from my ball and limp upstairs to my bedroom, pieces of glass fall off my body with each step I take. The rattle of the fallen shards accompanies my groans of pain. I fall limp onto my bed and attempt to close my eyes, not caring about the open wounds or dirty clothes that are etched onto my body.

A/N
This was so hard to write but I got through it!! I'm really open to any critiques so if you have any don't hesitate to tell me! (- Past d1tto)