𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Just wanna also say a quick thanks to -bellareadsss I have literally no clue if you actually read the chapters, but girl, I see you lurking in my notifs. And, I really do appreciate all the votes you've given me.  And a MASSIVE shoutout to everyone else who's been silently reading, it means so much <3. 

Ahiras POV

I take a brief detour to Lydia's house to grab my makeup kit and the change of clothes from her room. I take off the dress and grab new bandages, the cool air fans, my warm body. I let out a pained sigh. The soft material rises over my face.

Suddenly, the door swings open, and his chest heaves up and down. His worried eyes scan my body once more. There wasn't any point in hiding what he had already seen. I avoided his gaze, but he was clearly lost in thought.

Slowly, I tread into the luxe bathroom and peel the plaster at the back of my ribs. The further I go down, the more it stings, I hastily grab some rubbing alcohol from my bag and cleanse the gash. I grind my teeth and continue the job. The pain was starting to become unbearable. The unpleasant smell of the sanitiser floods my senses.

I still feel Silas' eyes on me. He hadn't made an effort to move. He just stood, watching me with a slight frown etched on his face. His forehead was slick with sweat lay underneath his distressed chocolate curls.

I push the useless thoughts away and unravel the bandages. (I use it as cushioning for my ribs so it doesn't hurt if I bump it into anything.) A loud wince tumbles from my mouth. I had leant a little excessively to the right, which must've stretched the skin of the cut. My skin heats up, and the sensation numbs any feeling around my side. But, I power on. I have to.

I feel two firm hands securely wrapped around my waist.

"Don't move," he orders. His hot breath fans my back.

He pries the bandage from my hand and wraps it mostly around my waist before going down to my lower stomach. His face showed pure focus. Luckily, the material is quite breathable, so I didn't feel constricted in the slightest.

As he continues, I zone out.

Why am I allowing him to do this?

There was something about him I still couldn't put my finger on. The way his deft hands wrap around my body is an easy clue that this isn't his first rodeo. However, he looked really conflicted. I've never seen that look on Silas before. What caused it?

The brunette grabs a shirt from my bag, and I bring both my arms up. He lets the shirt hang loosely on me before bringing me my trousers, I put them on, and he zips up my jacket all the way up. We didn't speak any words to each other. It was pure silence. But the truth is, what could I really say?

I place my phone back in my bag and follow Silas downstairs. He opens the door for me, and he gives me a longing stare before he closes the door behind me.

------------------

 The street lights illuminate the dark roads until I meet my house.  It was big, but the love we gave the home was small - it barely looked lived in. I unlock the glass door with my keys and take off my shoes.

It seems that Dad was working late again, I knew I shouldn't be happy, but I secretly was. I head to the kitchen and make us both something to eat. On the fridge, there seemed to be a note left by him.

I'm so sorry baby, please forgive me. Daddy loves you, and he's trying.

I grabbed out the marker that he left on the counter and wrote my reply on it, Silas was wrong. I wasn't hurting myself on purpose, I just put up with my father's mistakes. He's learning, and I know I can help him get better.