Breaking of many forms

Be warned: This is a angsty one
Enjoy??

Me and Wally eventually stopped with our banter, much to the girl's dismay.

The girls started talking to me, with Wally quickly getting involved. They were particularly intrigued by me talking about the 2020s. It eventually turned into a Q&A of sorts. I had my AirPods and my phone as the future tech I could show them physically but I showed them pictures of others on my phone. I could honestly talk about my time period for a long time because there was just so much to talk about, but they never seemed to stop listening. They were mainly interested in fashion and slang weirdly enough. We ate late lunch and continued.

After a lot of talking, explaining, and laughing, Sally and Julie had to leave.

"...So that's what rizzing means. Basically what Wally does to every girl he meets."

He lightly shoved me. He had a.. Uncertainty to his touch, but we all shared a good laugh.

I was actually having a good time with my new friends, though everything has to end. "It's getting late, we should head home," Sally said with a sigh.

"Oh no, not now." Julie denied.

"Jules, it's almost 7:00 and we haven't even had dinner yet." Julie groaned.

"Okay... I don't want to though." Sally smiled pitifully as she grabbed Julie's hand to stand up. Me and Wally stood up with them. We all exchanged small glances before hugging each other warmly. Wally was a bit stiff in the group hug, he wasn't fond of them as I had learned.

"See you guys soon?" I asked them. They excitedly nodded and exited the room. Soon after I heard the door shut and click downstairs. Me and Wally quickly exchanged glances in silence.

I finally got to look at him alone, and he notably looked off. He looked more distressed and hurt than usual, and it became clear that something was bothering him. We hadn't had a moment to talk about Sally and Julies stunt or anything that followed privately and were likely thinking the same thing.

I sighed and collapsed on the bed once again as he sat down with me. I started the conversation with a question that had been clawing at my brain the whole evening. "Wally, if you heard them yell that you're hot... did you also hear me yell the other things about you?"

My hair lightly fell over my face but I kept it there due to shame. He paused as a dark shadow cast over his face and he completely turned his head away. "Yes. you weren't.. Subtle."

He said it in a way that broke my heart a little. He didn't want to look at me. "Wally.. You know I havent known you for long.." I stopped. Those were not the words I wanted to say. I regretted it the instant the sound escaped my breath.

"So you haven't seen anything good in me In that short time? Or do i truly just act like a 'brat?'" He said with a pang of hurt to his voice. I couldn't see his face, but I didn't need to to know that he looked distraught.

"You aren't a brat, or anything else I called you. It was wrong of me to say that, and it's.. Not what I think."

He continued to look away while listening.

"I said it in the moment to get the girls off my back. I didn't mean any of it. I swear."

I lightly placed my hand on his back, which caused him to flinch and turn around. His eyes were slightly red and there was slight tears in the corners and streaming down.

How had he cried so much so quick? He suddenly wiped his face with his sweater sleeve. "God, You must think i'm a sensitive wreck now too." He sniffed. Knowing he had been damaged, I gave him some comfort.