(Chapter 9)

Chapter 9

I began to rise from my seat to answer the door but was unexpectedly pulled back down as Milo's pucker met my lips. It felt amazing... Like I was drifting over a rainbow... So peaceful... 

All of a sudden the lock began to turn, I tried to pull away but Milo was having none of it and ignored the intruder

"Eli, I had to come back. I need to tell you that. I.. I think... I lo-" Glancing over to the shocked Jesper, I could have sworn a tear appeared in his innocent blue eyes.

"I can see I'm not wanted." Jesper muttered with a blank expression and left closing the door quietly behind him. I felt so guilty. I love Jesper, how could I do this to him? Yes, he's a jerk and so full of himself but deep down inside, once you see past his confident outer shell, he really is a true gentleman.

The kiss had broken when Milo had turned to face Jesper in rage.  

"How dare he come barging in here? Thinking he owns the place! I have a good mind to set him straight. Then we'll see who's boss." Milo hollered while pacing backwards and forwards. 

"Oh cut it out Milo!" I screeched. "He has a key okay? He's apparently my 'Bodyguard'. He works for my Dad blah, blah, blah. You know the situation. Now will you please sit down you're making me dizzy!" 

"I will not sit down!" He growled back at me. "If that boy thinks he can come and go as he pleases he has another thing coming!"

I rolled my eyes getting tired of his complaints.

"Milo..!" I groaned "Will you please calm down!"

"I can't stand him. Urghh! He is going to pay." And with that Milo gave me a hug and pounced out of the door.

So that was that. What a morning! Sighing, I checked the time, 11am. I decided to make myself some breakfast and switched on the TV. But I couldn't concentrate. All that was going through my head was... Jesper. Milo. No, Jesper. Milo? Jesper. But Mil... and so on. And now everything was down to me. It all used to be so simple. When did my life get so damn complicated? ...Complicated? ...Complicated? ...Compli? ... Complica.............

I began to feel slighty light-headed. Entering the kitchen to get myself a glass of water, I suddenly had a stabbing headache. Groaning, I sat back down and closed my eyes feeling sick. I took deep breaths, wondering what had come over me, I was fine a few minutes ago. My stomach felt like it had been punched, several times. Grimacing at the sudden pain I held my stomach and curled up on sofa feeling dizzy.

***

"I should have told you." a worried trembling voice whispered "but I thought you knew... Guess I thought wrong." he paused, "Don't you remember all those memories? And my personal favourite..." Another pause as a small giggle escaped his mouth "Our only trip to the supermarket. First, we raced up and down the 40 isles trying to collect as many items as we could in our basket while still winning the race" I could sense him smiling "I won. You were so furious and your face was hilarious. Grabbing a baguette from the bakery section, you walloped it over my head splitting it in half while shouting 'HIE-YAH!' then we began karate chopping baguettes and eventually got kicked out and banned because of the mess we had created. Oh Eli. My Eli." he repeated now grinning. I felt a warmth as Milo leaned down and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "I love you. Always have. Always will. No matter what." there was a long silence before he spoke again. " but right now all I want is for you to wake up, for you to be okay. If I lost you... If... If I did..." he gulped "let's just say there would be no reason for me to be on earth anymore" and with that I opened my eyes wide and consumed him in a warm comforting hug that must have lasted at least 10 minutes. He opened his mouth but nothing came out so he immediately closed it again and gave me a smile. "I love you too" I whispered into his ear.

*Knock Knock*

"Come in." I called from the hospital bed where I sat.

In walked a somewhat familiar boy, a little older than me, I guessed.

"Hi." he smiled with a cheeky grin. "I'm Charlie, I believe we've met before."

I gave him a puzzled look then it all cam flooding back to me. He was the second boy I ran into at school.

"We meet again." I smiled "So why are you here?" I questioned.

"I've just moved in down the road and saw Milo here running out of your house so I came to see if you were okay. Found you had fainted on the couch so brought you here to be checked over." He told me with a reassuring voice.

"Oh, urm... Thanks." I replied

"No problem. Eliza isnt it?"

"Thats me." I winked at him as Milo gave me a warning look.

We all walked back to Charlie's car after I got a thumbs up from the Nurse who said I was free to go. Me and Milo sat together in the back whilst Charlie started up his car.

"So you live down the road from me?" I questioned.

"Yeah, number 21" He answered.

My mind went blank so I said what I always do when I'm speechless

"Cool story bro."

He laughed at my comment. "You're funny Eliza."

"Why Thankyou!" I beamed.

We then remained in silence until the car pulled up.

"Thanks for the lift."I said while Charlie nodded in response. "So... Guess I'll see you around." I shouted down the street as he entered his house waving. Turning to Milo I could see he wasn't impressed by my behaviour.

"Eliza, I have to go now, I said I'd bring back dinner."

Frowning, I looked at my watch. 1:30pm. Time flies when you're having fun eh?

"Okay, laters..." I waved, searching for my key. I didn't have one on me. Sighing, I leant against the door. It was open. Charlie wouldn't have left it open with no one in the house surely? Oh, It'll be Jesper. Entering, I shouted his name. No reply. That's odd.

"JESPER!" I now screamed.

Still silence. All of a sudden I heard a loud BANG then someone shouting

"THEY'RE HOME! QUICK!"

What on earth was going on? I charged into my home as my jaw dropped. Two men dressed from head to toe in black disappeared over my garden wall. WHAT THE HELL!?