(Chapter 2)

Chapter Two.

A loud noise came from the corridor outside the maths department 

''Class dismissed'' Mr. Mokwan snapped from the front of the classroom.

In a rush, the whole class stood up and headed towards the door. Milo was last, as always. I stood waiting for him by the lockers, and watched as he came strolling out of the classroom.

''Eliza, do you have french next?'' He asked

''Sure do Sebastian... And you?'' I replied with a smirk

''I told you never to call me that! My name is Milo'' He cried.

I chuckled at his response, ''Yeah, and mines Eli. Got it?''

He prodded me with a pencil and giggled, ''Whatever you say... and where was you this morning? I waited at the gates for about 5 minutes, I thought you was ill or something?''

''Well...'' I replied telling him the full story about bumping into the most handsom dude I’ve ever seen, of course, he wasn't bothered to hear about that part, but eh... that's what best friends are for, right?

The next few hours of the day passed by quickly and soonewr or later it was lunch time. I rushed towards the canteen to take a seat with Milo and some other friends he had caught up with. I sat down next to George who scooted over as I sat next to him. I quickly took a whiff of my armpits and then blurted

''Do i smell or something?''

The others laughed, I even caught a quick glimpse of Milo sniggering. I looked at him in disappointment and his grin soon turned into a smirk, his gaze drifted away from me, looking at the floor. I gave a little smile as Mia handed me some deodorant under the table, I used it promptly before handing it back to her.

''I didn't have time to have a shower this morning'' I explained.

''Oh we know'' George wailed.

I took a last spoon full of soup before standing up to take my tray. Milo followed me with an amused look on his face.

''Ha ha, very funny'' I announced chuckling.

Suddenly the bell rang, we started to jog, I couldn't get two detentions on my first day back. We got to last period on time

''Phew'' I sighed, as we entered through the old wooden door. Mrs Jape stared at us as we plonked on our seats.

''Today class, we will be studying for our assignment of Shakespeare'' She continued...

I looked around the classroom. Nobody was listening especially the gang at the back, one had their phone out, looking at pictures whilst everyone around him was laughing. I was eager to know what they were looking at, but on the other hand.. I could probably guess. I giggled to myself at the thought.

''Ha typical'' I sighed.

Mrs Japes eyes locked onto me,

''What miss Monroe?''

''N-nothing Miss.'' She had to choose me out of the whole class... I was also talking to myself which made it more embarrassing.

The bell finally rang. Everyone stood up and headed for the door. This time I waited for Milo in the classroom, so he could walk with me to my detention. He gave me a quick smile before pushing me forward.

 ''What Miss Monroe?'' He mimicked. Miss Jape stared at him, astonished. ''Sorry miss... It just sounds so cool.'' He gave her a smirk before running out of the classroom; I followed laughing, quite loud.

He glared at me and his cheeks turned red ''Come on, you're gonna get told off'' He yelled.

''Chill, It's only Miss.Higglebottom''

I froze as I got to her office door, Milo pushed me forward and I went tumbling in, I popped my head up and gave him a meaningful glare and without hesitation he ran off

''Have a nice day, ELIZA'' He bellowed down the empty hallway.

I turned my head round to see Miss.Higglebottom staring at me with a bitter look on her face, I stood up quickly and started to appologize...

''Why are you here?'' Miss.Higglebottom stated

''Err.. This morning, I was late.. an-''

''Oh yes, that's right'' She interrupted, handing me a folder of books, ''Please put these in alphabetical order and you're free to go home''

''Yes miss'' I replied.

I began to take out the books from the folder... the first one read: Aaron Yupin. I quickly flicked through them to find they were already in alphabetical order, strange.

I pretended to fix them and took 10 minutes just reading the names.

''Done, Miss'' I claimed.

''Fine, you may go, and don't be late again miss Monroe'' She confirmed.

Why do they always call me ''miss Monroe'' I thought to myself. I shrugged before walking out of the classroom.

''DAMN'' I shouted. Dad wanted me home, I took out my cell phone to find 13 missed calls, 9 off my dad and 4 of a random number... I jogged out of the school gates,

About 15 minutes later i was home, I banged on the door lightly and stood waiting, I stared up at the face infront of me, my jaw dropped to find it was the gorgeous guy that I bumped into earlier this morning. What was he doing in my house?

''Er.. hey'' he finally said, '' Want to come in?''

'Well... it is my house, or did you hurt my head so hard before that I'm dreaming?'' I asked, puzzled

He laughed before taking a step back for me to fit through the door, ''No, you're not dreaming, i'm er-''

''ELIZA!'' Dad bellowed

I stared at him then added sheepishly; ''Hey dad, nice to see you too, how was you're day? Mine was great, except for stupid detentio-''

''We'll talk about that later'' he rudely interupted, ''There's someone I want you to meet...''

I pointed at the handsom guy who was just blankly looking at us ''If you're talking about him, I've already met him, he nearly killed me before...''

''And you call that protecting her do you?'' Dad announced staring at him with wide eyes.

His face was blank as he stared at me and then held up his hands to my dad... ''I didn't know she was the one i'm supposed to be protecting, did I?''

''Wow wow wow'' I butted in with a confused expression on my face , ''Protecting?''