(Chapter 6)

Chapter 6

--------------------

Eliza’s POV

--------------------

As I returned home from school that day, I saw my parents climbing into our car so I ran to catch up with them.

“Hey mum, dad” I greeted.

“Oh, hello... erm me and your dad are going out... erm...” she stuttered.

“What? Again?” I said confused

“Yes” she replied glancing at my dad with a serious look on her face.

“Where? And how long will you be this time?” I grunted getting frustrated

“I... I can’t say”

“Well me and...” I trailed off deciding against telling them I was going out tonight. If they weren’t prepared to tell me where they were going then I wasn’t telling them either. I stormed into the house not wanting her to question me about it and locked the door. I threw my school bag down and ran to my room letting out my anger by kicking my bed. Urghh! It was so annoying. Just because my dad is the SSS leader and all that crap they have to keep everything a secret from their own daughter! So unfair!

I was so busy rolling around on my bed that I didn’t realise Jesper was stood in the doorway watching me with wide eyes and his lips pressed together to keep himself from laughing. I was so embarrassed but still so angry and needed to let it all out.

“And you!” I screamed at him “It’s only been one day and you’re already being a dickhead” I don’t normally swear but I was so wound up and he just stood looking down at me like I was his little servant or something. This only angered me more. “And how the hell did you get in?! I locked the door behind me!” Jesper held out his hand showing me a key “Great! Just great. You have a key to MY house. Oh and before you say anything you are NOT under any circumstances coming to pizza hut with me and Milo I have had enough of you for today. Now get out of my house!” He was such a jerk! But his grin had disappeared and now he was looking at me with those innocent eyes and all my anger just seemed to slip away from me.

He began to move closer to me his arms stretched out for a hug. Without thinking I leaned closer to him, resting my head on his chest feeling his heartbeat against me. It was strange but comforting and not at all awkward. We stayed like that for a while before he whispered something in my ear,

“It’s my duty. Sorry”

Whoa. He actually apologised, that was a first. We broke our hug and Jesper slowly descended down the stairs then silently waved back at me before leaving. He was gone, he actually listened to me. I took a deep breath and thought over what had just happened. I hated Jesper but there was something about him. That when we were together everything just seemed so unreal and magical. But one minute he’s all innocent and kind the next he’s being a cocky jerk. His mood swings are giving me a headache.

*Beep Beep* A text. Milo.

‘I’ll pick you up at 6 ;)xx’

I smiled and began to get ready.

Clothes. Casual or dressy? I decided on Dressy but not ‘over the top’ dressy so I ended up wearing a white floral dress that ended just above my knees with a black belt and black tights. Hair. Curly or straight? Hmmm... Curly.

When Milo finally arrived, I was just about ready and stepped into his car giving him a big smile and a hug. Not as meaningful as the one I had with Jesper though. We chatted all the way there and by that time I had been laughing so much my belly hurt. Oh Milo, he was the best ‘best friend’ a girl could have.

The meal went very well but it all seemed to be over so soon sp we decided to take a walk. Just me and him. We came across a river which I refused to cross so Milo offered a piggy-back which I could not refuse. He began wading out when suddenly SPLASH.

“YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT MILO!” I yelled grinning from ear to ear but dripping wet from when he ‘accidentally’ dropped me.

“You’ll have to catch me first!” he shouted back.

We began chasing each other around in the water and on the odd occasion diving under so we weren’t seen. This was the best evening I’ve had in a very long time and I was loving every minute of it.

It was soon pitch black and though not wanting to, we agreed to go back to the car. Trudging back up the hill to where the Pizza Hut sign glowed Milo decided he need the toilet and couldn’t hold it in until we reached the restaurant and so he disappeared into a nearby bush. Standing alone with my back to him, I saw a shadow moving towards me. I shook my head.

“Milo I can see you, you know. Stop creeping around and are you done now?” I questioned. No answer. As I waited, slightly confused I felt his warmth breath on my back so quickly turned round and hugged him.

“Gotcha” I whispered. Then I felt his lips pressing gently against mine and I could feel him smiling into the kiss so I smiled back. My first kiss was with my best friend. It was wrong but felt so right. I pulled away slowly and opened my eyes. It was still dark and nothing could be seen so we carried on heading up the hill. That’s when I heard a familiar voice behind me.

“Eli, wait up!” Milo yelled behind me.

My mouth opened in shock. If Milo was still down there then who the hell was this. This person standing with their arm wrapped tightly around my waist. THAT I HAD JUST KISSED! I shook my head as the streetlamp now lit up his face. I. Had. Just. Kissed. Jesper.

Milo nearly fainted when he caught sight of us. Of Jesper’s arm around me. Had he seen the kiss? I suddenly felt guilty I don’t know why but I did. By the look on Milo’s face I guessed that he saw the kiss and he was jealous. Jealous? No. No he can’t be. We’ve been friends practically since we were born. I didn’t know what to do and sensed there was going to be a fight so I began to run and run. Tears streamed down my face as I approached my house and locked myself in with a chair up against the door handle. Jesper wouldn’t get in this time. I stood looking at myself in the mirror, an amazing night ruined. Then came the questions. How did Jesper know where I was? Had he followed me? And Milo. Poor Milo. I had broken my best friends heart. I was the worst best friend a boy could have.