Chapter 1

𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖔: 𝕯𝖗𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝕷𝖎𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖘𝖊 𝖇𝖞 𝕺𝖑𝖎𝖛𝖎𝖆 𝕽𝖔𝖉𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖔

***

"For attempting to murder Lady Cornelia, the emperor, sentenced, Lady Viona to execution," the messenger of the imperial family announced. While my feet were cold on the ground, with a shivering body, and dirty clothes, I endured everything for the sake of that person's happiness.

But it all came down to nothing when it came to her.

He has known me for 10 years, he knew my household, my likes, and dislikes, and what kind of person I am. But because of her, who only appeared in his life for 2 years, she took him easily from my grasp.

I looked at Klein, and his face was enough to confirm everything, has he never treated me as a friend before? Or was he even trusting me throughout those years?

His stare made me feel small, his narrowed eyes which were previously wide continued to stare at me as if I was a devil in his sight. I watched as his arms wrapped around the ailing body of Lady Cornelia, and a painful throb from my chest came to exist.

When I looked in front of me, I saw the blade that would cut my neck afterward, the wood that would hold my body as if I was destined to die in my beloved childhood friend's hands.

In the blink of an eye, my memories went back to the time when I was still a young child, happy and oblivious to the cruelty of the world.

"I promise Viona that no one will harm you, I promise to protect you..."

"I know you will Klein, because you're my best friend..."

But that promise became doubtful when he ruined my household, killed my parents and now he's on the verge of killing me.

With these words that turned to ashes swayed by the endless abyss of the past, I laughed to my heart's content.

"She's crazy"

"What's happening to her?"

"How can she laugh when her death is in front of her?"

"Crazy lady"

"She's not a lady anymore, she's already abandoned"

"I know, that's why she deserved to die..."

I couldn't care what other people say, because they are not me, they didn't experience the things that I have gone through in my life. They have no right to judge me.

But then, why did their opinion weigh so much on me back then? Was it because I wanted to look good in front of Klein? Such a wishful thinking that will never come through.

Before I die here, I just wanted to know if he did love me, but one look and I realized, it's impossible.

Like a flash, darkness took over my whole being reminiscing those seven seconds that felt like an eternity in my fading memories.

Goodbye, my first love.

***

"Viona! Viona! Viona! Come on, wake up, you promise me that we still have to go to the forest and capture fireflies, right?" My head throbbed, and my vision suddenly went foggy until I opened my eyes clear as day.

I saw that I was in my room, but everything seemed to change, I looked at who was shaking my body and my eyes widened, he had luscious golden hair and mesmerizing ruby jeweled eyes.

My breath hitched from my throat. I couldn't speak, no words seemed to come out of my throat even though my mouth was open. I stared at him who was staring at me with wide eyes.