The Price of Gold

"Are you sure we can be seen out in the open?" Henry asked the saviors as the three walked down Main Street.

"Enough sneaking around," Reagan replied as she adjusted her black messenger bag's strap. "If Mom has a problem with Emma walking us to the bus, I am more than happy to have that chat."

"You're brave. You'll need that for Operation Cobra. Speaking of, do you think we need code names?"

"Isn't 'Cobra' our code name?" Emma asked.

"That's the mission. I mean us, I need something to call you guys."

"Oh, um . . . Well I don't . . . You can just call me 'Emma' for now."

"Let's do Regs," his sister said as the siblings reached the bus.

Henry nodded before he turned to his birth mother, "Okay, well see you later, Emma."

Reagan smiled at the blonde as she and Henry got on the bus. As soon as the siblings sat down, the bus pulled away. Emma smiled to herself as she turned away, only for Sheriff Graham to pull up in a squad car, the siren blaring. He turned off the car, the siren turning off along with it.

"What's with the siren?" Emma asked as he got out.

"It's so hard to get your attention," he replied.

"Alright, well you got it. Are you arresting me again?"

"I'm thanking you," he sighed, "for your help finding that coma patient. We all owe you a debt of gratitude."

"Well, what do I get? A commendation?"

"How about a job? I could use a new deputy."

"Thank you, but I have a job."

"As a bail bondsperson? There's not much of that going on here."

"And I don't see a lot of sheriffing going on around here either."

"Well here's your chance to see it up close. There's dental. Why don't you think about it and stay awhile?"

* * * * *

Serenity walked over to her locker that morning at school to find Eva standing next to it with a smile.

"Did your mom suspect anything?" she asked.

"No," Serenity replied as she started to spin her lock. "I almost got caught when she saw my to-go cup on my nightstand but I told her that I had gotten a hot chocolate on my way home and forgot to throw away the cup."

Eva smiled, "So, I was thinking about going shopping tomorrow and I was wondering if you would like to join me?"

"Um–"

"Oh please, S. We can go wherever you want as well."

"Okay, fine," Serenity said, making her girlfriend happy.

"Awesome! I want to see what new things we can find in Mr. Gold's shop and maybe go to that new thrift store that just opened."

* * * * *

When Reagan left school, she met up with Emma at Granny's Diner after finding out she was no longer needed in Mary Margaret's classroom. The teacher was just as confused as the girl. The teen had a feeling her mother was involved in the decision. Afterall, even if she didn't know that Reagan had woken up from the curse, she knows since Emma and Reagan are together now that things may start coming together the more time Mary Margaret spent with Reagan. A memory jog perhaps?