Snow Falls

Serenity felt a tap on her shoulder as she stood at her locker the next day. She turned her head to see Eva leaning against the locker next to her.

"You never FaceTimed me," the girl said.

"Sorry," Serenity replied, closing her locker. "I got really busy." That was a lie. She started to know what those feelings for Eva were and she didn't want to risk giving into them. Eva had been her best friend during the curse. She didn't want things to end.

The younger brunette started to walk away. The older one started to go after her, "Are you avoiding me?"

"No."

"Then why are you so quiet?"

"No reason."

"Serenity–"

The twelve year old grabbed her best friend's hand and pulled her into a less crowded part of the hallway. Serenity looked up at her friend and quietly said, "I can't believe I'm saying this right now, but I have feelings for you that I can't even describe."

"What type of feelings?" Eva asked.

"You know."

The older brunette looked at Serenity surprised. The sixth grader looked up at her best friend in tears, knowing that she just wrecked everything.

"Seren–"

The mayor's daughter walked away in tears before Eva could even talk.

* * * * *

Reagan placed a vase of flowers on the table next to a patient in the hospital, getting a smile from the young man. She smiled back before a student of Mary Margaret's asked her for help hanging up a picture.

Mary Margaret's class was volunteering decorating the part of the hospital the teacher volunteered in.

Once the teen helped the kid, she turned to see the ICU. Inside was a John Doe patient. But he wasn't a John Doe to her. He was Prince Charming, the man who she saw as the father she never had.

When Reagan first met him, she took a liking to him and he to her. He saw the sadness in her, the sadness that came from the past she had, her mother betraying her, and never knowing her father.

He always made sure to be kind to her, to help her with anything she needed. When Reagan came to live with him and Snow, he made sure she was comfortable. He made it his mission to protect the girl no matter what.

Seeing him in the ICU broke Reagan's heart. She really needed the man that she mentally called Dad.

Pulling her out of her thoughts was seeing Henry at the man's bedside. Reagan and Mary Margaret looked at each other before going into the ICU to get the boy.

The teen cleared her throat, "Henry. We could really use your help with the decorations."

Ïs Mr. Doe going to be okay, Reagan?" he asked.

"His name's not John Doe, Henry. That's just what they call people when they don't know who they are.

Henry looked at his teacher, "Do you know who he is?

"Nope. I just bring him flowers on my rounds," Mary Margaret answered.

"What's wrong with him?"

"I don't know. He's been like this for as long as I've been volunteering."

"Does he have any family or friends?"

"No one's claimed him."

"So, he's all alone."