08

In my entire life, I've never thought that the Da Silvas would ever take me in. The closest thing I've ever had to a brother was Danny's annoying ass. And now that I think about it, living with the Da Silvas is gonna be like walking into a danger zone. In the past we would have considered their mafia a high profile one that we shouldn't mess with. Now that I'm gonna go live with them thats practically like digging my own grave. It'll be like living with a pack of wolves, only problem is that they are way more powerful than Richard. So that is a big red flag. My trust issues are literally screaming at me to run.

         For a good ten minutes I just sit in silence staring ahead at the road while quickly stealing glances at my brother.

          His eyebrows are pinched together in frustration as he whisper-hisses furious rapid italian remarks into his phone. It doesn't take a genius to know that he's a business man, his car should be reason enough for you to think that. As casual as his attire might be, the aura of him screams power.

I watch him as he swerves away from a speeding car before cursing at it.

            I tried to find the social accounts of the Da Silvas as soon as I heard that they were taking me in. I had Danny doublecheck their backgrounds, but they are extremely hard to find info on. I only barely scraped the surface by only finding the twins accounts and no one elses. So I have no idea who is driving me to their place. And I also don't know how many there are.

"So" A deep voice jolts me out of my thoughts, "Do you even know who I am?'

          I smile sheepishly, "No",

He winces, then smiles at that, "Ouch, though its valid, I mean you didn't know we existed until a couple of days ago" Wrong, I did know, for years.

         "Well, I'm Mariano Da Silva" He gestures to himself, "I'm 26 and also your favorite brother, you can call me Rio" He winks at the last part.

          I frown, if he's 26 and acts like that, its impossible that he's the eldest, so that means there's someone or more than one person who's older. How old? Only Justin Bieber could know.

For the next couple of minutes he tells me all about how annoying all our brothers are, how the house works and the school I'll be going to and I can't hate him because he's just too nice. That doesn't mean I trust him though.

          It reminds me of when I first met Richard. He was all lovey and all 'come here darling' and hugging me 24/7 until, a couple of weeks passed and slaps came with the hugs and punches came with the 'come here darling' s and he liked to snap his belt on me whenever I looked too 'annoying'. So it really didn't matter whether Rio was nice to me. What mattered was, what he would do to me if I annoyed him a tad bit too much.

            I wipe my palms on my pants and nod along to whatever he says.

I try to analyze everything I can find. His car has a single coffee cup that has dried black coffee coating the bottom, it doesn't look too old, but old enough that he must have drank it yesterday morning.

           The car isn't exactly neat, but its neat enough to tell me that he doesn't clean it himself. On my side there's a pair of shorts stuffed between the seat and the door, and a pair of shoes are placed under the seat. I deduce that Rio likes to jog on the beach judging from the traces of sand. The coffee shows that he works in mornings but needs and extra hit of caffeine to wake him up.

He then gets another phone call, so I just stare out the window. Watching the side of the road.

         Something is wrong. I've been here before. I try to scrape any memory of being around here before but I can't seem to get it.

The car slows down near a corner and my heart sinks to my ass when I see it.

         The house is a glam mansion. And unfortunately the same glam mansion I went to for that same party. I chew on my lip nervously, that means that Danny's friend who opened the door for us was one of the twins. I surpress the urge to scream.

WHY. WHY DO I HAVE SHIT LUCK.

          A bajillion questions fill my head at the same time,

What if he recognizes me?

What will I say?

ARRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

          I pinch the bridge of my nose and steady my breathing by snorting air through my nose. This is gonna be a disaster, forget the 'maybe this if gonna go well after all' shit. Everything is going to shit before I've even stepped into the goddamn house. I groan internally.

         Rio pulls up near the gate and two men let him in. Classic mafia guards. I roll my eyes, they probably have more inside the house. For some reason every mafia had to have a thousand guards most of which they fired daily for the stupidest reasons.

          My eyes widen when I spot the garage that is filled with sports and designer cars. 3 motorbikes are lined up next to each other and each and every car is gleaming. I mean I knew they were loaded, but like...

2 different men come up and retrieve my stuff from the car, both nodding their heads at Rio in respect before retreating back to the house.

          I take a second to appreciate the house. For starters its huge, modern design from the outside and inside, with a touch of fancy here and there.

          I probably look so out of place in the expensive surroundings. My miserable looking shoes are literally falling apart on their marble tiles. My hoodie sticks out like a thumb, its mostly faded pattern makes it look ratty as shit. Honestly standing here I feel like a homeless hobo.

I can't believe I'm actually doing this.

           Rio grins as he holds the door open for me and it feels like deja vu. He exaggeratingly closes the behind me,

"Welcome to the Da Silvas house"

and I can't help but snort.

A/N:

Hello again my lovelies, this is just a filler chapter thats why its so short. but dw guys the next one is long

anyways today we're gonna talk abt

drumrollllssssssss........

Taylor Parker Morton. The pathological liar. the murderer. etc etc etc.

you know the drill, go search her up and prepare to be shocked *gasps

Anyways I hope you have a great day/week, and I love you guys so much

Quick question: How'd u even find this book? Do ya like it so far?

bye

-M