07

The law enforcement, the justice system,

 the government.

Are organizations I would never trust with my life.

You know how the saying goes, 'Money is power'

           In places like these it is the base of everything— money that is.

You can commit the worst and most horrendous of crimes, get arrested BUT you have money. Easy, just bail.

             Its funny how we're all taught to rely on the police the FBI, the courts but they're all failed systems. Corrupted systems. Unreliable.

I know it sounds terribly cynical, but its all true.

             Its all a delusion that the government or the police would protect you and bring justice that we're taught at such a young age. Most people realize that too late— after they lose someone or have lost themselves after being violated.

For me, this delusion was only taught at school. Alan always slammed this idea with what he liked to call the 'harsh truth'.

             Honestly, nothing about it is harsh. It simply just exists, not harsh, not gentle.

What also baffles me is that we always hear about cases of law enforcement officers doing despicable crimes and I still see people believing that justice will be served. Do they not get it?

              When some get revenge against the people that wronged them I honestly applaud them. They did what the Systems couldn't do because they had more balls, which is: Getting justice on their own.

So in conclusion, people won't care unless you have money,

         In my case, the police thought that Alan Black had money. Thats why they cared.

              So I immediately squinted my eyes in suspicion when I saw them at the mansions entrance.

30 minutes later they had kicked out Danny and told him to go home, sat me down in the living room and made some coffee.

And I gotta say, they knew their shit.

           Because that entire time, I obeyed their every order without resistance. Maybe its the way they lowered their voices when they talked or the way they shuffled around the house, I just knew some shit was about to go down.

          The 3 officers exchange weary glances before staring at me intently, The mustached one says

"As you can probably tell, we have something to tell you"

           I nod, unable to form sentences.

           Maybe it was because I felt concerned— I mean its hard not to, With three burly policemen all in their mid-thirties staring down at me. One with a slightly concerning amount of facial hair. Another with a simple mustache, and the last with black thick framed glasses that seemed to make his eyes boggle out of his head. Very concerning.

Besides the last time I was in this position, things did not end well.

          I wipe my palms for the millionth time against my pants and peer at the men.

Mustache guy sips a bit of his coffee before continuing,

           "I might as well just rip off the bandage now, " —a pregnant pause....