scar pov 

Scar, still getting to grips with the elytra, crashed, and nearly died (for the third time that day), outside what just happened to be X's place. The person in question was inside, no doubt doing boring stuff, but the racket the child was making brought him outside. He was, rather unusually, stony- faced. He didn't seem that shocked to see Scar outside, but , surprisingly, as he walked over he looked more grim by the second. Placing a hand on his shoulder like the overprotective dad he had never had, he spoke in a low voice. "Ummm.. I think that you need to hear about this."

Those were never good words. What could have happened!? Scar ran through all the possibilities in his head. Probably not that... not that... maybe that... and- 

His wondering was cut short by X frogmarching him into his base where a somewhat familiar piece of paper sat on the table. On the top of the paper sat one word. 

Wanted. 

And the number at  the bottom was circled in bright red marker. 

"D- D'ya know this face?" he said, gesturing to the photo. 

Oh $#!?. 

What to do? If he played dumb, then X would surely wonder how on earth Scar had travelled without realising. After all, it was a clear image. Scar decided to be suprised, but recognised the photo. "That's- isn't that me cousin?" 

"Well, umm, we think, yeah. So, erm, we could be in danger." 

"Hey! No we aren't!" Scar exclaimed, with a little more force that was probably necessary. "He'd not hurt us!" 

"About that.." X said, gesturing to the words below the Wanted. 

"For... double murder?" 

"The people were Ren stat- dog, his- and yours, I'm guessing- uncle, and suspected murder of his parents- at least they vanished a few years back."

No. 

That was impossible. 

He never knew it had been that, but..

Sure, they had been scary, but their own parents? 

Or even uncle? 

He had trusted him. And he had thought they trusted him back. But no, no one knew the truth. 

"... murder." he repeated, staring blankly at the paper but not really seeing it at all, all traces of the lively boy gone. X took a deep breath as he sat opposite Scar. 

"Listen, I know it's hard but-" 

"No, no, it's not that. I knew about this, but not.. 

... murder.

... Let's go after him."

X placed a hand over the words at the bottom. 

Scar didn't need to see them. 

KILL ON SIGHT.