Back on Limited... 

tw death, Pearl. 

Impulse was not happy.

(ooh! New pov!) 

There were three main reasons. 

1- both his cousins had either gone missing or died. 

2- he was running out of red stone

3- He had lost his brother. Again. 

Straining his ears, he caught a faint yell- 

"And stay back, mister evilificator-" 

Silence.

He went to go check his com, fearing the worst- 

Then he remembered his com was broken. Tango had taken it apart for upgrades. 

Upgrades that now would never be completed. 

(feel free to cry. I am putting in an emotional support parrot—- 🦜. his name is Fred. He will help you :) )

He couldn't believe it. First Etho, then his favourite cousin, now his brother. 

Of course, he had always known something like this would happen  eventually. It came with the job. But he remembered something one of them had said, what seemed like years ago. 

"TIES to the final three." 

He repeated it in his brain, over and over. 

"TIES to the final three." 

"... to the final three."

"...the final three."

"final three"

"final three"

"final"

He had never really thought about what those words meant, about the "final three," or who would be in it. Himself, he presumed, as he was the last member of his "alliance" (more like business group) standing. And... maybe Martyn? He was... intense. Dressed in blood red, with what looked like a flag hanging from his belt. (Is it just me or the banner tail thingy looks like the red king flag? Just me? No?) 

Impulse didn't know why, but that flag gave him bad vibes. 

(As it should,  mate. You got betrayed by your bestie for a clock. As it should.)

But he had never really thought what it was like... outside of limited. He knew there must be other worlds, that was how lifesavers worked, but he didn't know anything about them. Often, he had dreamed and doodled constructions, designs for shops, once even a giant forge- type thing, or even different games. 

Games. 

Games... those were meant to be fun. 

Fun. 

When was the last time he heard that word? 

(angst angst angst angst angst.) 

pearlies pov 

"Come on tilly ma baby." she said, as she beckoned her dog down a narrow track. "We'll find those nasty people, don't you worry.(how did nasty just autocorrect into Maddy?)  Oooh!" She stopped for a second, staring at her dog, who was sniffing the ground.  "What's that? You found something, Tilly baby? You found something, girl?" 

Yeah. If you couldn't tell earlier, this woman was obsessed with her dog. She preferred the dog to anyones life. Over her own life. 

Anyways, the aforementioned dog was sniffing at a bright pink scrap of fabric. "Ooh! I know what that is!" she exclaimed girlishly. "Ohohohohohoho! Tilly baby, d'you  think you can find your mama some more?" Wagging her tail furiously, the dog set off through the dark oak, Pearl following. They waded through a small stream, Pearl complaining about the "lovely dye on my clothes washing out," and fingering with the item on her wrist. 

(It took me 45 min to write this. It is  546 words.( new record!) My hand is gonna drop off. )