Chapter 7

The group has left Talon, and now are on course for Spine. After Sisu and Sand have an important conversation, Sisu tries to take a gift to Spine, leading to both Raya and Sisu getting captured, and Sand coming to rescue them....

-----------------------------------

The tense standoff was palpable, with a thick atmosphere that seemed to be almost tangible. Sand noticed his opponent's eyes hesitate, and he softened his stance. As a result, his axe lowered, and Sand sent his own weapon back to wherever it came from. His opponent's eyebrows flicked in surprise at the magic, but he refrained from commenting. Sand quickly released his two captive friends.

The front door busted open, suddenly surprising everybody.

Tuk Tuk smashes through the front door as Boun, Noi, and the Ongis leap off of him onto the barbarian. He is immediately subdued and gets tied up. Noi hisses at him like a cat.

???? : "A little one?"

SISU : "Alright!" Sand cuts her free

RAYA : "Good work Boun" Boun however is concerned about something else.

BOUN : "Fang's here"

RAYA : "What?"

Raya and Sand both ran to look out the door. Far down by the gate, they could both see a group of soldiers.

NAMAARI : "People of Spine!"

NAMAARI : "We are hunting for Raya, a fugitive from Heart. Send her out or we're coming in!"

Raya then sees stone statues of the Spine people all around. She looks around the cabin and spots... an empty crib. She looks over at Tong.

RAYA : "You're the only one here?"

???? : "My people battled the druun with much valor... but lost"

Raya looks at Sisu and the bag of gem pieces. She realizes what's at stake, and makes a decision.

RAYA : "Okay, Fang is here for me, not for you. So if I can distract them, you guys can get out of here"

SISU : "You're gonna fight an entire army?"

SAND : "Not alone, I will help"

Raya nods in thankfulness.

RAYA : "No, I'm just gonna stall them. Look, I know how to push Namaari's buttons. Once you guys are clear, I'm out of there.

RAYA : "What's your name?" She asks

TONG : "The moniker given to me is Tong"

RAYA : "Okay, Tong, look, you don't know me, I don't know you. But I'm sure that you know a back door or way outta here and it's important that my friends stay safe. Okay? So, I am sincerely asking you, will you help us? Please" He nods.

Raya and Sand leave them, quickly heading to the gate. They can hear Namaari shout her warning once again. Raya takes a deep breath.

RAYA : "Okay. Note to self, don't die" Raya puts on her hat, while Sand mumbles a few small words to himself. His Crimson eyes seem to burn in the shadow of the large gate.

Namaari is done waiting for a response.

NAMAARI : "Burn them out!"

The soldiers aim their flaming cross-bows. However... The giant gates of Spine open. All the Fang Soldiers lower their weapons as Raya walks out, followed by a tall, dangerous, and handsome-looking man.