Chapter 2

We left off Chapter 1 with Namaari chasing down Raya and Sisu, who had just acquired a mysterious living mummy. After escaping into the water, they weren't out of danger yet, and Raya could see a boat they could use.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raya, Tuk-Tuk, and Sisu climb onto the ship, making it rock heavily.

RAYA : "Hello?! Is anybody here?"

A young boy quickly pops up behind Raya and Sisu, shoves chairs under them, throws a pop-up table in front of them, and slides up with a napkin over his fore-arm.

BOUN : "Welcome to the world-famous Shrimporium! My name is Boun, and I'll be your server today. Would you like to hear our daily specials?"

SISU : "Yes please!" She says with enthusiasm

BOUN : "We got shrimp. We got congee. We got a shrimp congee that won't quit"

RAYA : "The captain! Where is the captain?!" She asks desperately

BOUN : "Lemme go get him"

He walks away slightly, adjusts his hair, then spins around.

BOUN : "What's up, my new customers, I'm Captain Boun, the owner, chef, and Chief Financial Officer of the Shrimporium. How can I help you?" He was with a confident smile

SISU : "Well, I'm Sisu and -

Raya looks over the side of the ship, and sees the Serlots sprinting full tilt towards them.

RAYA : "And we need to get to Talon! NOW!"

BOUN : "I'm sorry, the Shrimporium is not a water taxi"

Raya holds out a handful of jade coins in front of Boun, who looks shocked.

BOUN : "Toi! That's a lotta jade!"

RAYA : "Half now, half when we arrive in Talon. Deal?"

He grabs the jade.

BOUN : "Clasp onto your congee, today's special is-- To-go!"

With a great flourish, Boun pushes the boat away with a long pole. But it floats away at a snail's pace. Raya sees Namaari and her Serlots in the distance, approaching fast.

RAYA : "Umm..... Captain Boun? Does this thing go any faster?"

BOUN : "Whoa, you didn't tell me Fang was after you! This is gonna cost you extra!" He shouts, seeing the fast-approaching riders.

SISU : "Don't worry, I got it!" She leaps into the water and transforms back into a dragon.

BOUN : "What is she doing?" He asks confused

Sisu grabs the bottom of the boat and starts kicking her legs and paddling her tail. The boat starts moving down the river at a steady speed.

BOUN : "WOAH!! What is happening?!!"

RAYA : "Uhhh.... My friend's a really strong swimmer?"

Namaari and her Serlots reach the riverbank. They watch as the boat motors away.

RAYA : "Bye bye, Binturi!" She calls out mockingly.

Namaari seethes in anger.