Chapter 3

We pick up where we left off, with Raya, Sisu, Boun, and the mysterious ancient man reaching Talon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talon is a bustling port city built almost entirely on the water. Protected from Druun by a tall stone wall on one end, and water on the other. Talon is one of the few towns left in the land.

SISU : "Wow!" Sisu admires the bright lights.

SISU : "What a smart way to druun proof your house! Just build right on the water. The people of Talon are geniuses"

RAYA : "Yeah, Talon may look nice..... but it's a hotspot for pickpockets and con artists"

SISU : "Lucky for me, empty pockets!"

RAYA : "Okay?... so here's the good news... I know where the gem piece is. The bad news...... it's being held by the notorious Chief of Talon, Dang Hai. What Dang Hai lacks in style, he makes up in mean"

SISU : "Gotcha. Now we're just gonna have to turn up the charm to the max. Let's go get him a gift!!"

Raya puts a hand on Sisu's shoulder, stopping her in her tracks.

RAYA : "Sisu, I think maybe it's safer for you to stay here on the boat"

SISU : "What?" She says confused

A pair of crimson eyes watches their exchange.

RAYA : "Without you, we can't put the gem back together"

SISU : "But I want to help!?"

RAYA : "I know, and you will. By staying safe"

A third voice speaks up.

???? : "You won't be able to save anyone, Raya... If you don't trust anyone.... Especially Sisu, if she's as important as you say......" He said quietly from his cover.

Raya thinks over what he said but decides to ignore him... He can only hope that she listens.

RAYA : "I'll be back before you know it, Sisu"

Sisu sits down, frustrated, as Boun ties off the boat.

BOUN : "If you see any hungry faces, send 'em my way" He says with a smile

RAYA : "You got it, Captain!"

She heads down the dock and into the town. Endless varieties of delicious foods were being cooked, money exchanging hands, bright signs advertising wares, and bright paper lanterns strung up across the market. Three ongis pop up from behind a merchant stand and watch Raya and Tuk-Tuk pass by. They deviously smile at one another....... . . . .

RAYA : "Alright, there's Dang Hai's house. No detours until we score that dragon gem"

Raya's eyes are focused on the top of the Talon Chief's home. However, she hears a baby crying. Raya turns and sees..... . .

RAYA : "Whoa, what in the??"

A lone baby sobbing in the middle of an alleyway. Raya looks up at the temple, she's tempted to keep going, but her human decency gets the best of her.

Shenanigans Ensue.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------