Malevolent: 21

I had tried and failed to display a facade of not being in as much pain as I currently was. As every second ticked, I felt the swell, the discomfort that came from my leg which Tex and Tinker both seemed satisfied was a fair and just punishment. It was better than what Mama had in mind, that much I was sure off but the more time that passed without any sign of the escapee or Alfredo made me angsty of her wanting an input. As much as the brothers seemed certain they would find her, it was plain to see the doubt that filled their faces by the time darkness had taken over swallowing the view of the garden from sight.

Brittany remained where she was, sitting solemnly at the other side of the table and being hushed each time she tried to talk to me. Biting her fingernails, she jerked uncomfortably in her seat each time Junior made any kind of movement and remained weary of how close he sat. It didn't help her in the least that he felt the need to paw away at her like an affectionate dog. He wasn't deterred by her reaction or behaviour. Banging his head against the sink, Tinker frowned deeply, the metal clang echoing throughout the room ripping through the silence like a knife.

"How long does it take Alfredo to find a bitch?" Tink demanded sourly to Tex who frowned in return leaning against the counter. "He's taking too damn long. He always goes on about how he knows the area and traps so where the fuck is he? I swear if he's tripped into one of them I'll string him up myself."

"Might be more what he's doin' to her that's taking up his time. You know how he gets. How far will she get anyway, they never stay gone." The blonde suggested cocking his head in my direction before his lips split into a grin. "How are you holding up sweetheart?" I held up a certain finger in his direction, Tinker sniggered and shook his head despairingly. It was obvious how I was, they had struck me with a hammer and there was nothing fine or dandy about it. "I love you too." He taunted as I slit my eyes in his direction irritably.

"Fuck you." I mumbled back as Tex laughed lightly.

"Later honey." Rolling my eyes at the promise, I felt the table jolt against my elbow. Tex was jumping down from where he had positioned himself and in doing so, caught Brittany off guard. Junior reacted to her movement with a steady and large hand on her shoulder keeping her seated and close. Wincing at the pain that came from the movement, I watched as the blonde approached closer, clicking his tongue thoughtfully. "You must be feeling mighty proud of yourself about now." I shrugged indifferently. Did I want the girl to get support from actual cops who would liberate Brittany and myself? Of course but the truth was blunt and a tough pill to swallow those who got away never made it home safe. Charlie and Alfredo were on the move determined to hunt and prey on her if she crossed paths. It was better to think the worst, there was less chance of being disappointed. Flinching as Tex lifted my bruised leg from the chair it had been left on, he sat and draped it over his knees stroking the smooth flesh.

"Pride isn't in the top five emotions." I admitted earnestly. Disgust however was quite high up on the list, each of his touches feeling more like snakes slithering and constricting on my skin. It made me want to pull away but the slightest movement came with an uncomfortable noise and the gritting of teeth. It was an action that Tex picked up on and took delight in inflicting. He hummed to himself, edging his head thoughtfully before drumming his fingers against my tender flesh. Every twinge of discomfort made his wicked grin spread wider, he was trying to distract himself from the possibility of the worst case scenario.

"Smug?" He pressed further inspecting his nails thoughtfully while continuing his beat.

"A little." I shrugged. Leaning forwards, I smacked his hands as he continued his pattering. It didn't deter him and part of me was already reluctantly aware of it being the case. "It's nice to see you all suffering. It makes my day." I had very little in life so I accepted what particles of happiness came my way. They weren't surprised to hear me say it and allowed it to roll off their backs.