Malevolent: 5

I had never been raised to laugh at the expense of others or to find enjoyment in their pain but as I took in the sorry sight of Tex it was the only reaction I could have. As he winced with every breath it only gave me more satisfaction to know that he was suffering. Yes, he wasn't in excruciating agony but we all had to start somewhere and no place was currently sweeter. It had been a long time coming for Eddie, every time he was in my proximity he had pushed his luck and so the sight of his throbbing and bruised nose gave me a sense of euphoria. Karma had no part in this, it had been an act of revenge and it was long overdue. The inflammation was currently that of a small eggplant but it was enough to make my solemn features split and placed a hand over my mouth in an attempt to stifle my amusement before they retaliated. I couldn't help it and I didn't want to, headbutting Tex was worth the discomfort it had caused me and I could only hope his scissor wound looked as sore. Tex however didn't look too irritable as he took the pack of peas that Tink retrieved from the freezer before shaking his head in my direction.
"Bet you're feeling pretty pleased with yourself missy." I nodded at the hook handed man.
"I am actually."
"Know you're going to have to be punished?"
"I thought I already was." It was the truth, every second I had spent in the company of this crazed family was a punishment. It came with pain, humiliation and trauma. Plenty of trauma. Upon hearing my answer, Tex chuckled slightly before wincing as he placed the peas to the bridge of his nose. Mama instantly fawned over him and stroked his arm reassuringly. She didn't see the humour in what had taken place. Tinker was equally unimpressed as he leant against the freezer looking thoughtful. It was clear he was thinking long and hard how he could discipline me.
"You're helping Alfredo later." He decided after a few minutes of silence.
"Sure that's a good idea?" Tex chimed, "we know all the ways that could go wrong." When it came to the Sawyers, Alfredo seemed to be the easiest one to get away from. He didn't have the speed of Tex, the brutality of Junior or the brains of Tinker. He was more than a little tense and with his limp it meant he wasn't coordinated or had much stamina when it came to running. Unfortunately when it came to the lesser of evils, it was somehow the necrophiliac. I would be able to get away from him, it would be my next plan of action that I needed to mull over. Tink's brown eyes inspected me thoroughly, trying to detect a reaction I was determined not to have.
"Junior too." The man in question made a small grunt looking at his cousin who nodded back curtly. "The more people watching her, the less chance of her scurrying boy."
"Ought to chain her up like a dog." Mama commented spitefully, continuing to stroke the arm of her golden boy who groaned and adjusted the cold bag.
"And make her easy pickings for Alfredo?" Tink scoffed, scratching a hook against his face he continued to watch me. "I don't think Tex would be too happy with that and I ain't awake enough to listen to him complaining more. Doubt you'd want to hear it either Mama."
"You want to have these injuries?" Tex questioned back bitterly. As he pointed to his face before groaning at the pull from his shoulder. I gave a small smirk of satisfaction. Despite having appeared nonchalant, it was clear that his wound was causing discomfort. "They hurt, you know? My dang shoulder is smarting."
"I wouldn't be dumb enough to give her that much mobility. She's kicked your ass how many times now?"
"A couple." Tex said earnestly as I shrugged. It had definitely been more than two times but unfortunately came back on me like a boomerang. "Including today that is."
"If you think it's only been a couple of times then you need to learn to count." Tink muttered before turning his attention to the seal like noises of protest that Junior was having and held his hand up. "You think I give a shit if you'd rather play with your new toy? You're on disposal so you can keep an eye on Miss Escape Artist here and keep Alfredo from doing anything he knows he has no business doing." Behind his flaps of skin, Junior gave a long and drawn out breath while puffing. He obviously thought he had better plans but for a while at least his captive could have peace from him and maybe being two Sawyers down she would have more success than I ever had of getting away. I could hope. "You don't even have to worry about Alfredo touching your stuff this way, Tex and Mama can look after her."
"And me too, daddy." Heather piped up confidently and instantly received an affectionate pat to the head from an appreciative Junior. "I can sit outside with Grandpa and Sally."
"Such a good girl." Mama complimented with pride.
"I might need a raincheck." Tex admitted, "going to need my beauty sleep before I hit the road again. People might not be so sweet on giving a lift to someone who looks like they're fresh out of a brawl."
"A brawl takes two. Only one of you looks like roadkill right now." Tink corrected him.
"Still look better than Alfredo does most of the time." The blonde replied sourly and his brother nodded in agreement.
"Yeah, you best sleep it off. We have enough meat to do for a few days if worse comes to worse."
"And the radio" Mama reminded him, "we will still watch the roads just not while risking you." The way she soothed and cooed Tex was rather sickening. It was something I never really adjusted to when it came to the family. As evil and sick as they were towards victims was a world apart in contrast to how they treated each other. Minus Alfredo from what I had seen. With each other they were loving and supportive for the most part, they wouldn't turn a chainsaw or hatchet on one another. It always left a bitter feeling in my mouth when I witnessed it, they didn't see those of us on the receiving end as anything more than a food source or plaything, whether our own families would look for us never seemed to cross their mind. The pain and fear they would feel over missing relatives or friends not being a cause to deter from hunting when it came to this clan. Swallowing the bad taste in my mouth, I noticed that Tink was still observing me sternly, half expecting to have gotten a reaction by now. I didn't bite. What happened later would happen whether good or bad and I couldn't help but think the worse. With the muscle that was Junior added to the equation, getting the heck out of dodge seemed less likely but not completely impossible. I just had to deal with Alfredo's company first and that in itself was something I did not look forward to.
"I'm watching you sunshine."
"I don't doubt it."