Malevolent: 6

I apologise. This chapter feels long seems not much happens.

Tink's face was a picture when we returned. Going from confusion to straight up disgusted once he caught sight and smell of his sibling who was still plastered head to toe in carnage and who only knew what else. It was something I hadn't really expected when it came to the Sawyers, I had figured by now the rotting and decaying scent was something they had adjusted to in all their years of murder and torture. Clearly I was wrong and thankful to an extent that his nostrils were as offended as mine. Being cramped in the truck and practically suffering from inhaling made it somewhat of a payoff. More so when the feeling of pain now reached my face rather than circulating around my back from the belt buckle hits.
"What the hell?" Was all he managed to declare before shielding his nose with his hand. Junior curled up slightly where he stood making himself smaller and taking to subtly checking if it was him who was the main source of revulsion. He seemed quite happy when he realised he wasn't carrying the worst of the pong.
"It was this fucking bitch!" Alfredo declared back pointing at me in agitation. "Junior wouldn't let me put one in her! Instead I just scraped her smug ass face."
"You know Eddie might not be too happy about this."
"She had it coming!"
"Why are you morons even letting her make a fool of you?!" Tink demanded to know, looking exasperated. Junior shifted on foot to foot with meek noises as if trying to excuse what had happened. Alfredo however just seemed to steam as he gestured wildly at me once more. In return I blinked, there was a part of me that simply didn't and could no longer care for the hole I was digging myself. I would regret it surely, when the punishment came and further pain added onto an already ending list but the part before, I could be somewhat satisfied. "I expected this from him but I stupidly thought you had more than two brain cells to rub together. Not one of you seems able to control her."
"Look at what this bitch did to me!" Tink despaired as I shrugged back at him. Alfredo had started it and something told me that he had suspected as much. It's why Junior had been sent on the job along with us, to be a barrier and while he was certainly big enough and had prevented what would have been mercy, he had been unable to foil the behaviour of either of us completely. "Look at my head, she got me in the head with the gun."
"You let her get her hands on a gun? Are you trying to get yourself killed?" Turning my blood stained face to peer at the greying man, I couldn't help but smirk. An action he instantly reacted to as he attempted to charge forwards only for Junior to block him. "You are making it easy for her to fuck with you."
"She started it! Look at her smirking little bitch fac-"
"I see her, you're reacting how she wants you to. You're taking the damn bait." There was a partial truth in his words, if I was getting under Alfredo's skin and enraging him it was little payback for what I had endured.
"No! I-...She...look at my damn face!" Jabbing his thumb to his injuries, he recoiled when the pain once again flooded from his touch. I felt satisfied. Or as content as I possibly could be in this situation. "It fucking hurts!"
"Then don't touch it dumbass, it's that simple." His sibling replied irritably. "The hell did you touch it for again?"
"Look at me motherfucker!"
"I don't have to look, I have a nose asshole." Tink scoffed behind his hand, "seriously boy, go wipe that shit off."
"Think that's just his face." I commented, "if you want to get rid of the shit better skin yourself, it's already embedded in your DNA." Alfredo's head snapped back in my direction instantly earning Junior stepping back between us firmly. Tink gave a heavy sigh, his brown eyes slitting in my direction. It was clear there was plenty he would have to say, probably more to discourage from further pushing someone who already had malevolent motives but they all did. Each family member had grounds for their behaviour which didn't fall entirely under Mama's inducement. From what Tex had told me, they had been doing this for many years now and Junior had only come to them within the last ten or so. It was a haunting thought to maul over as he mentioned extended family in the way of cousins and uncles, they definitely kept murder and cannibalism in the tribe. I had met enough of them to be physically and mentally scarred to the end of my days. One member would have done the trick alone let alone a household full.
"Why you little slut!"
"Prevaricator." I breathed. His head cocked to the head like a confused dog, his anger replaced with confusion. He attempted to repeat the word but failed before his eyes flicked between myself and Tinker for some clarity. I was sure his brother knew what it meant.
"Am I supposed to know what that means?"
"No, I'd be more surprised if you did."
"Get." Tink pressed, seeming to consider ushering Alfredo with his hook before he seemed to clock that like him, he would be wearing the gruesome remains and stench. "Get the heck out of here."
"You'll be sorry next time honey." Alfredo warned me, pointing at me past Junior's arm. HIs face scrunched in fury as he turned on his heel and stomped off loudly.
"Promises, promises." Having him insinuate he would kill me was rather distressing but only because I knew that he would fail. It was a wonder how he really got anything done when he had a tendency to fuck up just about everything. It was evident that his biggest job was disposal duties due to having a muddy at best record where the living was concerned. Junior relaxed from where he stood, his shoulders drooping as he stared in Tinker's direction who nodded.
"You done good, go get your reward." By that sentence it was obvious he was insinuating that he meant to brutalise his prisoner. The bulkier man wasted no time in exiting the kitchen a lot happier than he was coming in.