Special Prequel Episode: Adventures in Starchild-sitting

Our episode opens up in Alien town, 13 years before the events of the series proper. we see Agent Delta entering "Roswell's alien convenience store" pushing a two-year old Lena Sullivan in the shopping cart, Delta looking at a box of alien snacks while eyeing a morbidly-obese Suian (three-eyed pig-like alien) on the other side of the aisle grabbing boxes of snacks off the rack and stuffing his face. Delta turns around to ask him "you didn't pay for any of those, did you?" the Suian then snorts in his face, asking Delta "and what about it, Terran? are you body-shaming me?" Delta then shows the Suian his badge, telling the alien "I only shame those who break the law, Birusa" freaking him out saying "Sector 51? get him, boys!" followed by a bunch of alien gang members surrounding Delta who stands in front of the shopping cart to protect little Lena the half-alien toddler exclaiming "bad alien! bad alien!" while giggling. Delta rolls up the sleeves of his suit jacket as he tells her "That's right Lena, and daddy's gonna teach these bad aliens how to play the game of catch these hands!" as he punches one member of Birusa's gang in the face followed by roundhouse-kicking another and then followed by karate-chopping the third and last one from behind the brawl ending with little Lena throwing her sippy cup at one of the unconscious alien gang member's heads all the while the one-eyed alien cashier is hiding behind the counter fearing for his life. however things go from bad to worse when Birusa pulls the two-year-old Lena out of her shopping cart with his giant three-fingered hand and dangles her over his mouth, Birusa saying "cute kid, is she yours?" Delta tells Birusa "let her go, Birusa" Birusa taunts Delta "I'd hate to say it, but she looks awful delicious. never tasted Starchild before" Delta's eyes widen under his shades, asking "how do you know?" Birusa tells him "you think I'm stupid? she's got the signature forehead gem of the Annunaki, yet her stench reeks of Terran. such a rare breed, where did you find her?" little Lena exclaiming "Piggy!" as Birusa licks his chops. Delta then says "Lena, cover your eyes and daddy will catch you" Lena then covers her eyes with her tiny hands followed by Delta pulling out one of his twin laser pistols from his pocket and shooting Birusa through the stomach causing him to drop Lena who is caught by Delta. Birusa was injured by the shot, but not dead as Delta handcuffs him before picking up Lena while Sector 51 personnel arrive on the scene to apprehend all the alien gang members and take them off to prison, Commander Epsilon saying "your days of running organized crime in 12 star systems is over, Birusa" as he snorts at Agent Delta while little Lena sticks her tongue out. Delta carries little Lena over to the Sector 51 van to strap her into her car seat before driving off, Lena falling asleep in the car making Agent Delta smile showing that he's grown attached to the starchild like a father figure. we then cut back to Sector 51 HQ in Groom Lake, Nevada where we see the LGMs all chilling out while taking their coffee break, only for Delta to enter the room carrying the tiny and very fast asleep Lena in his arms with Delta saying "hey everyone, we're home!" we see Commander Epsilon lounging with the LGMs asking Delta "how many times are you gonna take the kid with you on dangerous missions?" Delta tells him "sorry, it's just that I don't have anyone to watch her while I'm off busting aliens. and I don't trust the LGMs to make very good sitters" Epsilon chuckles, teasing his partner by saying "Delta you big softie, you sound like you're her father or something" Delta tells Epsilon "I promised Alpha that I would look after her, and once her powers start manifesting when she gets older I'll train her to fight aliens just like us" Epsilon then asks Delta "did you agree to raise her because you promised Alpha she'd be our greatest asset in the war against alien crime, or is it out of guilt for the last starchild you took under your wing that you felt the need to redeem yourself for your past mistake?" Delta sighs while thinking of Johnny, Delta telling Epsilon "both, really. plus it's the least I can do after what Eterius did to her mother, both were victims of that monster's crimes against the galaxy in my eyes. now if you excuse me, we've had a long day and I gotta go tuck the little one into bed" followed by Delta exiting the room. we then cut to Commander Epsilon communicating with Alpha in the communication room, Epsilon telling Alpha "It's only been two years and I swear it seems like with every passing day Delta has become more and more emotionally attached to the asset, she's become like a daughter to him. for crying out loud we're supposed be Earth's first line of defense against dangerous alien criminals, not a daycare center!" Alpha's disembodied voice then speaks, saying "That is very concerning, not only for Delta and how his attachment to the starchild may compromise his ability to act as a functional agent of our organization, but it is concerning for our asset as well. because of her Annunaki parentage she will outlive us all" Epsilon responds with the comment "give or take a few centuries, but by the time she looks 30 Delta and the rest of us will all be dead and she'll be all alone. It's not what's best for them" Alpha agrees, saying "Agreed. not only that, but there's a chance that one day Eterius may escape from prison, and when he does he'll inevitably discover that his progeny is alive and in our custody, and he'll come for her" we then cut to the following night where Delta watches little Lena fast asleep in her room snuggling with her LGM stuffie, Delta smiles as she lets out an adorable yawn before closing the door. however he hears toddler Lena's voice ask "Delta?" prompting Delta to return to her room, asking "what is it Lena?" and little Lena says "what happen to mommy and daddy?" Delta then starts having flashbacks to a pregnant Maria Sullivan telling Delta "I can feel it growing like a tumor. I want to have children, just... not like this. I can't give life to this parasite" and then to Lena's birth, the voice of a traumatized Maria screaming "take her away!" as her crying infant is held in Delta's arms as he watches her being taken off on a stretcher to be memory-wiped. Delta gets emotional and tries his best to hold his composure, frustrated that Lena is at far too young an age to grasp the reason why her mother abandoned her or the tragic circumstances behind how she came into the world. Delta simply tells the half-alien toddler "I'm sorry little one, but your mommy and daddy aren't coming back. you'll understand when you're older, just know that you'll always have me to be your family" Delta then kisses Lena on the forehead crystal and tucks her into bed before exiting the room. Delta then exits Lena's room and starts to break down into tears, sitting in the corridor and covering his face as he begins to cry ending our prequel episode on a bittersweet note.

Well that was our prequel episode to Sector 51, meant to hold fans over while I am still planning the storyline for Season 2. I also made this because Season 1's finale was so emotionally-charged with the family drama and all so I wanted a cute and fluffy side story between seasons to serve as a palette cleanser before Season 2's premiere proceeds to take everyone on a FEELS trip. to close things out Here are my designs for the cute adorable Young Lena and the disgustingly fat Suian crime boss Birusa:

 to close things out Here are my designs for the cute adorable Young Lena and the disgustingly fat Suian crime boss Birusa:

See you all in Sector 51 season 2!