Night Ten.

Stanley and Jim sat in Narry's old house, in silence. 

They didn't need to talk to each other to know what was going to happen. 

"I'll give you until the end of the night to prepare." Jim says, getting up. "No doubt you'll either do it yourself before then though, or you'll let someone else do it." He smiles. 

Stanley ignores him, burying his head in his hands. 

Once Jim leaves, Stanley gets up, grabbing a bottle of rum, opening it, taking a sip. 

If he was going out, he was getting absolutely pissed beforehand.

**

He laid on the sofa, and eventually the end of the night came. 

He was pissed out of his head, waiting for the door to open. 

Eventually, Jim walked inside, holding a stake - he walked over to Stanley, sitting beside him.

"You ready?" He asked and Stanley stared back at him, sitting up. 

Jim went to push it into his heart, but Stanley grabbed his hand, twisting his wrist as he pushed him onto the floor, making him hit his chin off the coffee table, causing him to groan in pain. 

"If I die.. I'm killing myself." He muttered, ripping the stake from his hand.

But Jim wasn't giving up that easily. 

"That wasn't our deal." He said, moving the coffee table away from him, starting to wrestle with Stanley. 

The two bumped into everything as they wrestled on the floor, Stanley was a little swoozy as he was drunk, but he ended up pinning Jim to the floor, holding the stake in his hand.

"You wouldn't kill me." Jim said, confidently. "I basically created you." He reminds him. 

"You wouldn't be in this position-"

"My friends wouldn't be dead." Stanley says, tearing up, the drunkness making him more emotional than he'd like to be. 

"If you were gonna kill me, you would've by now." Jim says, fairly calmly.

Stanley lifted his hands above his head, bringing them down with so much force that he actually pierced the skin with the blunt stake first try - and Jim screamed out in agony, ripping it out of his chest. 

"Fucking hell! If you're gonna stake me in the heart, at least do it in the right fucking place!" He yells at him. 

"This is my second time killing someone!" Stanley yells back, taking the stake again, going for round 2. 

He positions it, pushing it in.

Jim didn't even struggle against him.

*

Stanley sat on a log in the woods, thinking back over his life. How different it could've been had he not made that stupid deal with Jim. 

He cursed himself, finishing another rum bottle, lighting up a cigarette.

He sat there for hours, watching the animals sleep, listening to the sounds of vampires, owls and other nocturnal creatures living their lives. 

He was at peace.

So much peace that he picked up the stake with weak hands and pierced his own heart. He knew he wouldn't be at the pearly gates, but rather down below. 

He also knew that's where his friends would be as well. 

Vampires and hunters alike.. and Mariella of course. 

And he knew they'd eventually forgive Narry, although it may take eternities.

Usually there'd be a star here, 

but there's no more main characters alive.

That being said, this is the end of this book.