Night Seven.

Narry sat in his house, Noah at his side. 

"Where do you think he'd be now?" Noah asks, Narry was zoned out, staring at the floor, his only answer was a small shrug while he rubbed his neck in a circular motion. 

The door opens and Jim prances his way in, dropping a letter on Narry's table. 

"Got this through my door." Jim says, watching Narry pick it up, he started to read it, and almost threw up. 

"The deal, you never told us what it was actually about." Noah says, leaning back. 

"I didn't?" Jim asks, grinning. "Well, it's Stanley's birthday soon, he'd be turning 35, and most 35 year olds have partners." 

"He didn't." Narry said. 

Jim only smiled. 

"No, but he likes someone." Jim said. "And the deal I made with that poor, naïve 7 year old boy was that if I killed his family, he'd kill his lover at the age of 35. Too bad he met the heroic, charming vampire slayer, how amazing it would've been to see him happy with someone who would've ended up killing him in the end anyway."

Narry sat there, staring at the letter, rethinking Jim's words. 

"Hang on, he's turning 35?" He asks, looking at Jim who's smile falters. 

"Is that.. is that really what you picked up from this whole thing? Is that he's turning 35? Not that.. not that you're gonna die?" Jim asks, letting his arms fall to his sides as he looked at Noah who shrugged at him. 

"I just never really thought about his age before to be honest." Narry says, putting the letter down. 

*****

Narry ended up taking a walk to clear his head.

While he walked, he had the creeping suspicion that he was being followed, he walked and sat on a bench, his walking stick on his lap. 

"Hi." A familiar voice said. 

Narry looked up at him. "You're.. alive?"

"Jim made me write the letter." He tells him, sitting beside him. "Kinda sad I have feelings for you after a week, huh?" He adds on, resting his head on the palm of his hand.

"Is this.. right person, wrong time?" Narry asks quietly, looking up at him. 

"I really wish it wasn't, but I made that stupid deal.." Stanley whispers. 

Narry grabs his hand, kissing the back of it. Stanley looks up at him, resting his head on his shoulder. 

"Are you actually going to kill me?" He asks, his voice barely above a whisper. 

"I might not have a choice." He answers. 

"Give me a straight answer, Stanley." He begs. 

Stanley looks up at him, moving his head. 

"Yes. Just not yet." He tells him, answering honestly.

"When you do, please don't tell me you are." Narry asks him, placing a hand on his cheek, making him look at him. 

The two sat in silence for a while, staring into each others eyes, there was no tension, no wind, no disruptance.

Just two men, breaking each others hearts. 

It wasn't hard to see that after only a week of meeting, they needed each other desperately. 

Narry leaned in, closing the gap between them with a sweet kiss. 

"Before you kill me, will you give me one last kiss?" Narry asks, staring into his eyes as he whispers against Stanley's lips. 

Stanley nods, kissing him again, wrapping his arms around him. Narry kissed back, the kisses were short and gentle, as if they were any harder, either one of the two would shatter. 

"I'm so sorry.." Stanley whispers, resting his forehead on Narry's. 

There was a cold, sharp pain in Narry's chest as he stared at Stanley. 

"You said.. not yet.." He gets out through breaths. 

Stanley got up, letting him drop to the floor, throwing the knife beside him as he stares at him. 

"You really are.. pathetic." Stanley mutters walking off. 

Narry lay in a pool of his own blood and confusion, pathetic? After a while, vampires emerged from their houses, watching the hunter who has killed thousands of their kind, bleed out, and cry. 

Narry held a hand on his stab wound as he failed to get up, his heart was broken, his trust breached, with his blood pouring all over the ground. He couldn't help the tears streaming down his face as he sobbed. His hands shaking, his walking stick out of reach. 

His sight was blurred by tears and he looked at the knife for a second, picking it up. 

The vampires watched, not knowing what to do, should they help the man or feed? 

Narry stared at the knife, it was one from his own house, he threw it in anger at himself for letting his guard down. For letting himself catch feelings. 

"That lying, son of a bitch!" He sobbed, dragging himself towards his walking stick - he didn't waste 10 years of his life, training for this job just to be killed by one of them. He would either kill himself or old age would take him.

The stick could barely support his weight as he stumbled towards his old friends house - he banged on the door, desperately and when it opened he saw Curator's eyes widen in surprise. 

"You're alive?" she asked, and he nodded. "Jim and Stanley went for the mayor next." She told him and he sighed. 

"You didn't stop them?" He asked, he saw her blank expression and then her shrug that came next. "Tell me everything.." He pleaded. 

"Stanley and Jim planned everything. Jim knew you couldn't resist helping a "harmless" man, so he set up the attack from Noah, where you'd find him, he monitored you both closely, and.. Stanley earned your trust, made you fall for him, so he knew you wouldn't kill him." Curator explained. 

Narry stared at her in disbelief, blood spilling out over his hand as he walked off, shaking his head, he headed to say goodbye to some friends before he inevitably passed away, while he thought. 

He thought back to when he and Stanley first met, how everything happened so perfectly, like a book. How things back then, contradicted with what he got told now.

On the first day, Stanley got Narry on the floor effortlessly, but was terrible at self defence?

Stanley was scared of Jim but sat and drank Narry's blood with him while Narry was passed out cold on the kitchen floor. 

How easily Stanley stayed in his house while also seeming like he doesn't wanna invade his space. 

He passed out on his friends porch.