Night Eight.

"You gave it to him?"

Noah shrugs, remaining sat on the sofa. "He wanted them, wouldn't leave without them."

*****

"Don't tell me you're actually starting to feel bad for killing him." Jim sighs, looking over at Stanley who was looking through Narry's things.

"I've, technically, never killed anyone before, so pardon me for not being used to the guilt that comes with it." Stanley snaps, slamming the drawer shut.

"It doesn't come with that much guilt, believe me, I've been there and I've done that." He says, sitting up on Narry's bed to get a better look at him. 

"You're an actual psychopath, there is a difference you know?" Stanley mutters, walking over to the window.

The two remained in silence for a bit, Stanley watched vampires roam the street, not having to worry about Narry attacking them. 

"You did a good thing, Stanley. We all lived in fear that our lives would be cut short." Jim says, getting up to stand beside him. 

"Would you have rather saved one man who would eventually kill off our entire kind, or save a group of people-" Jim starts being cut off by Stanley.

"They're not people, they're not humane, they had a chance to live their lives, they're dead, you're dead and I'm dead." Stanley says, opening the window, climbing out of it. 

"Going back to the graveyard?" He asks, and Stanley ignores him. "Maybe I should've killed you after you killed him, Stanley you're aware that this deal you made with me still stands?" 

"I was seven years old." Stanley reminds him, climbing down the house before leaving.

*****

Curator stood beside Stanley, leaning on him. 

"You're the only one in this village that visits him, you know?" She asks and Stanley nods. "You didn't have to kill him either." 

"If I didn't, Jim would've." He tells her. 

"He came to me before he passed, I told him everything." She adds on after a while of standing there in silence.

"I called him pathetic." He mutters. 

"I think you should just stop caring, Stan. Maybe that angry man deep down can help you in some way?" She suggests.

*****

Noah sat on his sofa, carving something out of wood with a frustrated expression. 

"I don't see why we can't just go get the one from your grave." He sighs, looking at all the wood shavings on the floor before looking up at the man with a bandage around his stomach. 

"If you didn't give it to the man that killed me, you wouldn't have to carve me a new one, plus, he'd probably get upset if it wasn't there." Narry says, walking to look out the window, not wanting to get to close as to be seen. 

"Who's body did they bury?" Noah asks, giving his hands a break as he gets up to join him, letting him lean on him for support. 

"Just some vampire." He says, not wanting to elaborate.

"What's the plan?" Noah asks, looking up at the man staring out of the window. 

"I'm killing Jim, and I don't know about Stanley yet." 

"You're not gonna kill Stanley?" 

Narry doesn't bother looking at him, or answering as he watches - he stops breathing while looking down at the road. 

Stanley slowly walked down the street, kicking rocks while Curator walks beside him. Noah opens the window a bit to hear what they were talking about. 

"I know, Stanley. Remember how much better life was when you didn't care?" Curator asked, wrapping her arm around him.

"It took a lot to not care, and, I've killed him. I just.. I don't know if I want to continue not caring, Jim is.. a dick, quite frankly, and I'm tired." Stanley says, rubbing his eyes, trying to get rid of the sleepiness. 

She just stared at him, sighing as she stops their walk to hug him. 

"You're getting depressed again, huh?" She asks, almost condescendingly. 

"I miss him, and I feel bad for it." He says, leaning his head on her shoulder. 

"You love him." 

"I don't."

"You wish you didn't."

Narry leaned on the windowsill, contemplating revealing himself now, but he didn't.

"I like the idea of him." Stanley admits, sighing a little as he pushes Curator away from him. 

"I've never cared about him."

Narry smiled a little, staring down at him - Noah sticks his head out of the window, looking down at Stanley. 

"Stan! You busy?" Noah asks and he looks up at him. 

"Yes." He answers, walking off.

Stanley went to the woods, which was dangerous, especially for a vampire and this late at night? Basically a death wish. 

But he had protection.

Narry followed him, he just couldn't stay away, he had to.

He watched Stanley sit on a log, putting a small bag down - he curled himself up, opening it, pulling out a stake and a knife, sharpening it. 

He held it towards his heart and pushed.