Chapter 1: How a Scar was Made

"What did you use the money for?"

Money plays one of the biggest roles in this world. The power this thing holds is so much bigger than anything. There are some quotes in this world about how money works which are: Everything is about money, Time is money, All you need is money, and furthermore will simply be about money. Sometimes these kinds of words will make people put money as their target then afterward there are a lot of things that could happen after receiving it.

"How much is it?"

The feeling of satisfaction from how much money they get. This is the beginning of where the powers will slowly start to show up on each person. Simply said, there are two sides of it which are being wise or just greedy. The people who choose to be wise by using the power of money most likely can make things better to others. On the other hand, greed will obviously bring such a disaster for people around and even to themself.

"Who uses the money?"

How sad and pathetic it looks, there are a lot of people who choose or turn to be greedy from the options. Want to make them change? Of course. How? By what? Nothing and most likely impossible to happen. Once the person chooses which side they are going to get, there won't be a way back.

"WHY DO YOU KEEP ASKING ABOUT MONEY?"

From all of these perspectives, the choice to be wise is the best option in humanity, right? Not only for humanity but literally for everything or anything that comes out in this world. That is how simple wise can be but some people never see or expect there is a dark side behind it.

**1999, November**

"Good morning, Kiddo!" A cheerful voice comes out from a person who plays a big role in my life after I chose to leave my parents behind. This is my new family, our family, that he is going to raise and lead for in the future. He is the person who I vowed to be my partner until both of our hair turns white, barely can stand up alone, and to the final destination of life. My husband, Quan Bèi.

Even though he greets us with such high energy in the morning, I know that none of it is for me. It's for my six years old only child, Shoi-ming.

"Mowrning, Dad!" He replies with his mouth still full of food.

Quan comes approaching us while chuckling over how cute Shoi-ming replies to him. Meanwhile I'm just sitting right next to Shoi-ming, holding a tissue to wipe off some of the food around his mouth, as my eyes are just staring at Quan.

"Dad must leave earlier today. You study well in school, okay?" He says while gently patting Shoi-ming's head.

"Aaaa..." Shoi-ming starts whining from what his father just said "Can you please stay a little bit longer? Until I finish my breakfast?" Now that puppy eyes can be seen.

"I'm very sorry, kiddo. My friend is already outside and I feel bad if I make him wait any longer." With this reply, Shoi-ming knows he can no longer beg him to stay as he shows his saddening face.

"Okay..." Shoi-ming replies half-heartedly and slowly munches his food after I feed him another mouthful spoon. Even though he is sulking right now, he still wants to bid goodbye by kissing the back of his father's hand.

After giving Shoi-ming a 'proper' greeting as a father, he finally looks directly into my eyes. His mouth doesn't say any word but his eyes are enough for telling me to come with him to the front door. Hence, I put down Shoi-ming's bowl on the table and kiss his cheek before following Quan's order.

"Take care of Shoi-ming while I'm away." He says when opening the door and giving me his right hand for me to kiss the back of it.

This gesture is our family tradition. Whenever my husband is going to leave the house, I need to kiss the back of his right hand. Same goes for the children later, if any of them are going to leave the house, they need to kiss the back of our right hands. It also tells each other goodbye and pray for their safety until reaching the destination.