𝙄𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙈𝙞𝙣𝙙 - 𝙀𝙥. 01

I'm slapping you guys across the face by suddenly going back to present time because why not. 

No warnings for this chapter-- just a lot of thought process.

START

+++

"I've stayed completely silent up until now, and I'm pretty sure I've also given you more than enough time to come up with an explanation." Kim Dokja stood in the center of the room with his arms crossed, his eyes narrowing expectantly at the woman standing across from him.

Yoo Sangah had brought Dokja over to a nearby hotel to stay for the night in case Yoo Jonghyuk had tried to intercept them back at his house. He didn't know why he followed her or even bothered to trust her anymore. 

She had let that man near him knowing damn well they had some sort of complicated past together, and Kim Dokja's mind was flooding with questions.

Why had she let Jonghyuk anywhere near him if he had done something awful to Dokja in the past? Why would she lie to him all this time about not knowing who he was-- about only visiting him in the hospital all those years ago out of pity for a "stranger?"

But now he knew that wasn't the reason why she had visited him. Yoo Sangah knew who he was... And she more than likely knows exactly why he was in that hospital in the first place. 

"Just... Please calm down and listen to me--" She tried to speak, but was almost immediately cut off by his sudden outburst.

"No! You need to tell me what the hell is going on right now." Kim Dokja took few steps back, pressing a hand against his forehead. "A stranger that I have never met in my entire life just tried to sexually harass me, started spouting bullshit about how he'll 'make me remember' and he even said that you knew me in highschool...." He lifted his other hand up to point at Sangah, shaking his head side to side in a frustrated manner when she only responded with a sympathetic gaze. 

"Why am I the only one who's left in the dark? Why didn't you tell me anything about my old life?" Dokja somehow managed to relax his breathing as he stared at Yoo Sangah, awaiting her reply. "You knew I had lost my memories when I was in the hospital-- so why didn't you say anything? Why?" 

Yoo Sangah stayed silent for a moment, her mouth opening and closing slightly as if she wanted to say something, but wouldn't allow herself to actually do it.

"Just..." She hesitantly reached a hand out, carefully grasping Dokja's hands into her own. "Get some rest, please. I promise I'll tell you everything soon... Just not right now." She didn't bother to look up at him and only kept her vision glued down to the tiled floor.

Dokja sighed, looking down at their clasped hands before gently pushing hers away. "At least... answer this question for me." 

Sangah nodded her head slightly.

"How did I end up in that hospital...? What happened to me?" 

He desperately wanted to know the truth-- he wanted to remember his old life. 

But he wasn't surprised when Yoo Sangah stayed silent.

...

I wasn't in my right mind... I shouldn't have went to go see him.