Vamptember day 24 ~ Emotionally unavailable hunk

Your new neighbor wasn't very vocal.

Alan looked like every modelling agency's dream. Tall with dark hair and a muscled build. Though that didn't entirely fix the stern look on his face. You were lying if you said you weren't attracted to him, but you were realistic about your chances. He barely came out of his apartment at all, preferring to only keep to himself. Sometimes you could hear him come out at night, whenever you were studying late due to the thinner walls.

It was one of those evenings where you were up far too late.  Your eyes were almost closing on their own. You hadn't even noticed your tea cup was closer to your arm than you had thought. At least, not until it the scorching hot liquid had fallen and poured down on your arm and lap. Letting out a scream, you jerked backwards in a poor attempt to get away from it. Your chair gave way and you crashed onto the floor. It didn't take long before you heard a knock at the door. Your breath hitched as you heard the familiar distant voice of your neighbor, Alan.

"Hey, are you okay in there?"

You barely managed to croak out a response, your skin feeling like it was on fire. Another knock sounded. "Will you let me in?"

"The door is unlocked," you managed to gasp. "Yes but i need your permission." His words were confusing, but you were in too much pain to truly care. "Come in.. please."

The door opened, revealing Alan. You were taken aback by his eyes. His entire body was obscured in the light of the hallway and the darkness of your apartment. Yet his eyes were clearly visible, a glowing red. Without a word, he walked through your hallway had a quick pace, a stern look on his face as he lifted you up in his arms. "Just what have you done to yourself?" He questioned, though you could tell the question was rhetorical.  Shaking his head, he took you out of your apartment and into his own.

The interior was minimalist, and dark. Alan gently placed you down in his bath tub. "Where did you hurt yourself?" You didn't have much time to react to his care, as he ran his soft and cold finger over the superficial burn. "Stay here." You watched him leave the bathroom, and listened to him rummage around in his closet. You noticed some bloodstains on one of the bathroom walls, and a few along the floor. It gave you an uneasy feeling, but you didn't have much time to think on it as Alan walked back into the room with some of his looser clothes.

"Put these on, you'll be staying with me tonight."