~Let me in~ Vampire (2)

It had been a few months since the vampire claimed your home as his own.

You rolled on your side, your eyes adjusting to the darkness. The urge to step out of bed and open the curtains was immense, but you knew better. You remembered the last time Constantine walked in only to get a face full of sunlight.

Speaking of the vampire, you didn't see him anywhere.

You dragged yourself out of bed, yawning. Your entire body fell sore. Leaning on the railing, you walked downstairs. All the curtains had been shut, and you wouldn't blame your neighbors for their concern. The kitchen and living room were also plunged into darkness, leaving you searching for the light switch. You assumed he could see in the dark, as you never saw him trip or anything.

"Ah, you're awake."

You almost jumped at the pair of glowing red eyes staring at you from the kitchen. "Jesus.." you muttered. "I'm afraid not," he joked in return. You didn't bother reacting to it as you found your way to a chair and sat down. "I take it you are not feeling well?" He sounded amused, little worry in his voice. You rubbed the few puncture wounds in your neck. "Take a wild guess, buddy." He laughed. "Now now, don't give me that, put yourself in my shoes." The vampire walked behind you, placing his ice cold hands on your shoulders.

"Maybe i was a little too hard on you," he mumbled. Without any effort, he lifted you from your seat, into his arms. Carrying you bridal style, he walked towards your couch. He carefully set you down, supporting your head. "Stay down. I made you something to eat." You thought he probably brought up some disgusting concoction. He walked back into the kitchen, still humming.

Constantine walked back with a bowl in his pale hands. You went to take it from his hands, sitting up.

"Ah ah ah, sit still."

You rolled your eyes at him as he turned on one of the lamps. You saw him squeeze his eyes shut briefly, adjusting to the light. He brought a spoonful of soup, gently blew on it, and brought it to your lips. It looked like ordinary canned chicken soup, you had in the cupboards. Feeling a little more at ease, you opened your mouth. He seemed pleased as he fed you a few more bites until you began coughing, you weakly wheezed, gripping your chest. Judging by the look on Constantine's face, he didn't plan for this.

"Oh dear.. you really have weakened."

He seemed to think for a bit, then brought his finger up to his mouth. He sank is fangs into his own flesh, letting the blood drip into the bowl. The vampire mixed it in with the soup, bringing it to your lips again. You immediately turned your head away, your bones cracking at the sudden movement. "Come now.. you won't turn with this amount. He forced open your mouth with his still bleeding hand. He set the bowl on his lap as he stuffed the spoon in your mouth. In your reflex you swallowed it, tasting the slight metallic substance. You coughed more as he pulled his hands away. He smiled. "I have grown attached to you," he stated. "As i said, you won't turn into someone like me, but you won't be able to leave my side any longer."

Your eyes felt heavy as your body went limp.

"I love you, y/n."

(short bonus chapter)