Safety/Yandere co-worker

(made with my ocs Wyatt and Carter.)

You noticed him stare at you again.

Carter, one of your co-workers, stared at you from across the room. He had always made you uncomfortable. Always trying to invite you to parties, bars, even if the two of you barely spoke. He awkwardly send you a wave. You didn't return the favor as you scooted closer to Wyatt, your other co worker. Unlike Carter's soft, fluffy blonde hair, Wyatt's hair was short and brown, matching his dark eyes. You quietly nudged him, breaking the focus he had on his laptop. "Something wrong?" He mumbled. You didn't say anything, but you glances Carter's way. Wyatt followed your gaze. "Ah.. him again, want me to talk to him?" You shook your head. "No.. it's fine." You had been concerned about Carter's advances for a while now, they appeared to get more and more desperate.

Wyatt had been the most protective of you, scolding Carter whenever he tried getting close. He sat working at his laptop, keeping an eye on the blonde man. "I'm going to use the bathroom," you mumbled as you stood up. Wyatt simply nodded as you left.

Walking down the corridor, you heard footsteps approaching rapidly. "Y/n." You physically cringed, Carter. The man stood right behind you, the two of you were alone in the narrow hallway. "What do you want?" You scowled at him. He only frowned. "Listen i..." he trailed off. "You?" You impatiently asked. "I need to tell you something, something very important." You didn't buy into his weird, awkward demeanor. Unlike Wyatt's neat suit and behavior, he was messy, always showing up in a sweatshirt. "What is it this time? I swear if you try inviting me out to-"

He shook his head. "No, no. That's not what it is, it's about Wyatt. You tried your best not to roll your eyes. He had been acting creepy all this time, and just wanted to make your only friend left seem like a bad person. "Oh, is that what this is about?" Carter seemed in a mild panic. "You don't understand! He is lying to you," he tried to argue. "Just.. come with me after work, i swear i will explain everything to you!" You shook your head. "Carter, please. Do you have any idea, how bad you are making yourself seem. You know i have been struggling, this isn't funny!" He seemed to be getting desperate, gripping your shoulders. "Y/n, please." You shook him off. "We're done here, thank you." You brushed past the now nervously fidgeting man, back to your seat, back to Wyatt.

It was close to the end of your shifts, but you weren't happy, worried instead. People you cared for had gone missing, Wyatt was the only one there to help. He noticed the concerned look on your face, as you sat down next to him. "Do you want me to accompany you home?" You didn't want to bother him more than you did already, but you didn't know what else to do. "Yes please.." Wyatt nodded, looking at his watch. "How about we wait a bit hm? 'Till it's just us." You agreed. Wyatt gently patted your hand, waiting patiently as people went outside. Carter hung around, before noticing you weren't going anywhere. With a disappointed, almost pleading look, he left as well.

A few minutes later Wyatt stood up, offering you his hand. You gratefully took it, as the two of you made your way out of the building. Your boss emptily thanked you for staying late. When the two of you were outside, the street was largely empty. Despite this, you felt a strange sense of unease. "Here, the train is departing soon, we'd best hurry." You snapped out of your thoughts, you hadn't even thought about that. Panicked, you sped down the street, Wyatt in tow. But it didn't matter, the station was empty. You nervously fiddled with your fingers. "Oh no..." Wyatt placed his hand on your shoulder. "It's Friday, we are free tomorrow. How about you crash at my place?" You were tired, scared, and wanted this over with as soon as possible. "Are you sure?" He nodded.

He took you to his car, and you got in the passengers seat. Wyatt sat down in the drivers seat, starting the car. He turned on the radio, his eyes fixated on the road. You looked out the window.

Barely missing the car that seemed to be going the same direction as the two of you.

~

"We're here."

Wyatt had parked the car, getting out. You did the same, stretching your limbs before checking your phone. Half past six. Wyatt locked the car, walking ahead to his house. You were about to follow when a hand grabbed your shoulder. Almost shrieking in shock, you spun around only to find Carter. "You! What the hell man?!" He motioned for you to stay silent. "I know you don't believe me, but please. You have to come with me." You absolutely weren't going to. But he was desperately trying to pull you with him. He turned, pushing you in front of him, away from Wyatt. Who was missing from the door. Due to Carter's height, you couldn't see past him that well. You shoved against him, your head against his chest. When you heard him gasp, something wet dripping onto your head. Shakily, you looked up to see him staring wide eyed, blood pouring from his mouth. Looking down, you saw a knife had been jammed into his side.

"C..Carter?" You backed away from him, him being kicked to the floor. Wyatt stood over him, blood on his suit. "There... i told you to stay away, Carter. You truly are stupid." Your brain scrambled to try and collect itself. "What?.." Carter mouth at you to run, and you slowly backed away from the two men. "Come now," Wyatt spoke in his usual tone. But now it didn't sound comforting anymore. "What have you done?" You asked. "You didn't like him, so i got him out of the way." Something was definitely wrong. "You know.. you really should have listened to this scatterbrain, but this works for me." You briefly remember all those around who had gone missing. "Did you... my friends.." Wyatt raised his brow. "Their deaths? Oh.. right, they got in my way as well. Unfortunately..." He walked towards you, stepping on Carter's injured back. "He saw it, i planned on ending him either way. You really should have heard him yapping about how much he loved you." Your eyes went to Carter, who was staring back at you, tears streaming down his bloodied face. "I just couldn't have him getting in my way. You were meant to be with me, Y/n."

You felt guilty, but you ran. Leaving Carter behind as he hoped you would. But Wyatt was surprisingly agile, swiftly catching up with you. "I had been waiting to do this.." He picked a syringe out of his pocket, jamming it into your neck. You didn't lose consciousness, instead, your body felt heavy and numb. Wyatt hummed a tune as he picked you up in his arms, bring you inside his home, leaving Carter on the sidewalk. Your co-worker took you upstairs, setting you down by the radiator. He handcuffed you to it. "Be a dear and stay here, hm."

"I have a mess to clean up outside."