Vamptember day 12 ~ Gayal

You watched as the one of the village kids approached the grave site.

The young boy didn't seem concerned at all as he approached the marked tombstone with a cup of milk. He didn't seem that interested in the local folktales of the young man who would crawl out when he was disrespected. A man who was wronged so terribly it caused his demise. He left no sons behind to perform his funeral rites, leaving nobody behind to actually mourn him. A man quickly forgotten in life, but always looked at in death. You watched in disapproval as the boy tossed the cup against the tombstone, splashing its contents onto the grey stone. You had a hotel to be at, but you were simply stunned at the sight.

Then the hand tore itself out of the dirt.

In no time a man stood tall on the freshly dug up ground. He looked to be mid thirties with messy hair and old withered funeral clothing native to India. The boys nonchalant expression quickly gave way to sheer terror as he tried to move out of the way from the wrathful risen corpse. You stood frozen to your spot which only seemed to catch the mans attention as he redirected his rage onto you instead. "S-sir?" You tried, your brain struggling to comprehend what had just taken place.

The man didn't respond, his eyes full of bitter hatred. Your eyes landed on the cup, an idea emanating in your mind. You remembered having a bottle in your bag. The boy had long fled, leaving you alone with the vengeful soul. You backed away before breaking out into a sprint to the nearest house you could find. When the elderly woman opened you quickly stepped inside. The woman didn't even question you, her eyes full of understanding and calm. No words were spoken as she rummaged through her little home.

When she found a large bottle of milk, you quickly spilled the water in your drinking bottle into the sink before gratefully taking the milk into your bottle. Wasting no time, the woman yelled something in Hindi before ushering you back out the door. The man was nowhere to be found, seemingly having lost interest in you. You crept towards the grave, before calling out the name on the grave

"Kabir Patel!"

It didn't take long for a creeping presence to make itself known behind you. You stepped with one foot into the grave, falling over backwards. You could take a closer look at the man. He looked beautiful, but his skin seemed dry and it constantly looked like he had been crying. Blood was dripping down his mouth, hitting your face as he stood over you. "Please," you weren't sure if he could understand you. "It's okay." That seemed to catch him off guard as he leaned down. "It's okay," you mumbled, handing him the bottle of milk.

At last, Kabir felt like someone truly saw him.

[This Indian vampiric spirit (whose name means "simple") is created when a man dies and has no sons to properly perform his funeral rites or when someone dies with a great wrong committed against them. It will attack the sons of the people it knew in life, eating their flesh and drinking their blood. It will enter a pregnant woman through her mouth and drain the live energy from her and her baby until they expire. When not hunting it will eat corpses in nearby graveyard making it similar to a ghoul. This type of vampire cannot be destroyed though it can be made less aggressive by performing the proper burial ritual. It can be kept in the grave with offerings of milk and Ganges River water]

[Sorry i really can't make them longer i am busy and sick irl.]