Vamptember day 9 ~ Dhampir

The workplace was rather chaotic. 

You were working late hours as you nearly collapsed at your desk. The clock read a quarter to eleven and you were still stuck with a ton of work. Your moment of misery was interrupted by a hands being placed on your shoulder. A man stood behind you, a smile on his face. He had smooth pale skin and well kept hair. It didn't take long for you to recognize him. It was Caleb, your boyfriends father. "What's taking you so long?" He asked. "You know Andrew really wants to see you.

He knew how easy it was to get you to cave in when it came to your boyfriend. "Come along now, time to get going." With a slight groan you got to your feet, tired. A glint came from Caleb's oddly colored eyes.  He lifted you up with a certain amount of ease. "Don't fall on me, it would make us very upset."

Outside the office building, you were happily greeted with your boyfriend, who pressed a kiss on your forehead almost immediately. Caleb was eyeing the two of you intently, causing Andrew to huff. "I'll take her home, don't worry."  Caleb snickered as he brushed his hands through his sons hair. "Oh you grow up so fast."

"By your standards maybe," Andrew huffed as he pulled you against his chest. "Let's go, i'll walk you to your apartment, mkay?" You only nodded, wanting nothing more than to rest and spend some quality time with him. "You two stay safe," Caleb said in his usual quiet, soothing tone.

The roads were dark and you struggled to find your way. Andrew on the other hand could see just fine in the pitch dark. He also seemed further at ease than you could hope to be. "You know you should really look for a new job," he broke the silence. "If it weren't for my dad i wouldn't get to see you at all." He kissed the side of your head, before he froze in his tracks. "Are you okay?" You softly asked as he stared wide eyed into the distance. "...Do you see that guy?" Your heart nearly leapt out of your throat as your head whipped to have your eyes follow his gaze.

But you couldn't see anyone. "Stop messing around Andrew," you retorted. He shook his head, a serious look on his face. "Are you blind?" he muttered as he pulled you with him. "I really don't like the way he's looking at you, like some sort of psychopath." You knew your boyfriend wasn't a liar and certainly wouldn't freak you out like that. His hand tightly holding onto yours.

When you reached your apartment, he ushered you inside and shut the door. That man he saw, the one you claimed to be unable to see. It freaked him out. You were unaware of the tense atmosphere that hung around the hallway. Andrew new the man was still outside, but couldn't properly explain why. He watched as you laid into bed and grabbed one of the chairs from the living room to camp out in the hallway. There was no way he'd let anyone hurt you, not on his watch. He knew the man was the same as someone dear to him. He dialed his fathers number.

"I got some competition."

[In Balkan folklore, a dhampir  is a mythical creature, that is the result of a union between a vampire and a human. This union was usually between male vampires and female humans, with stories of female vampires mating with male humans being rare.]