Missing Pup

I had serious concerns about Marshall. He was absent for the entire day in addition to not showing up for the mission. The sun was going down. It's the longest he's been gone. I watched Apollo the Super Pup with Rubble in an attempt to distract myself, but it didn't really help. Rubble slid the bowl of dog treats toward me.

Rubble: "Mpfwant ehsome?"

Zuma: "N-No..None fow me, thanks."

Rubble shrugged and resumed his meal. I was hungry, even though I refused the treats. Then I remembered it was dinnertime. Where is Ryder? By now, I assumed he would be down here feeding us. I considered going upstairs. I make my way to the elevator. One of the voices called out to me before the doors closed.

Chase: "Hey, hold the door!"

It was Chase. He was running into the elevator with me. Was he going to ask me more questions? Honestly, I hope not. I extended the doors to let him in.

Chase: "Thanks buddy."

The doors closed and we finally went up. It felt like the longest ride ever.

Zuma: "So..What awe you coming up hewe fow?"

Chase: "Oh, y'know...I just had a few questions for Ryder, that's all. What about you?"

Zuma: "I'm just going to ask him about dinnew. It's time I'm stawving."

Chase: "Oh yeah...I wonder what that's about. He usually would have called us by now."

We finally got to the top but the lobby was empty. The light's were still on though. Where is Ryder? He rode back with us, right?

Zuma: "Whydew? Awe you in hewe somewhewe?"

Chase: "Doesn't seem like it. Hey, he might be in the garage. How about you go down there and check?"

Zuma: "M-Me? I thought you wanted to ask him something?"

Chase: "It's...It's nothing too serious...It's alright. You can go without me."

Zuma: "Okay...I'll see you awound then.."

I entered the elevator again and pushed the down button. Chase was behaving strangely. He was looking around as I descended. Most likely, he's lying to make it appear as though he was searching. However, the rumbling in my stomach diverted my attention right away. It was time to start Ryder's search. My pup tag went off as soon as I exited the elevator when the doors opened.