Rubble

It was a beautiful day at Adventure Bay

It was a beautiful day at Adventure Bay. It's been a minute since we were called to do a rescue. This was like taking a short vacation. I made the decision to leave the lookout and head to Katies because the weather felt so nice, but I also wanted to go look for Marshall and Zuma in case they wanted to accompany me.

I started by going to Zuma's pup house. It was shut down. I was initially perplexed. I was going to knock until I heard someone inside snoring loudly. He's got to be asleep. I dismissed it and crossed to Marshall's dog house.

Fortunately, it was open, but he was not inside. He was gone. He's actually been gone the entire day. I had no idea where he had gone. I went to find out if any of the other pups had seen Marshall. I approached Skye first. She was watching TV shows while eating dog treats inside the lookout.

Rubble: "Hey Skye!"

Skye looked over to me and smiled.

Skye: "Hi Rubble! What's up?"

Rubble: "Nothing! It's a good day and I want to go see Katie and I also wanted to see if Marshall wanted to come with me as well but I can't find him. I was wondering if you knew where he was?"

Skye was confused also.

Skye: "No...I don't know where he is either. I haven't seen him all day. You should ask Zuma or Chase. OH! Want some treats before you go?"

She slid the bowl over towards me. Of course I couldn't take up that offer.

Rubble: "Of course!"

I took a treat out of the bowl.

Rubble: "Thanks! I'll see you later!"

Skye: "Bye! Let me know if you find him!"

Rubble: "I will!"

I stepped away from the lookout. Zuma was asleep, so I went to look for Chase. He was seated beneath a tree when I saw him. I made the decision to creep up on him rather than approach him. I had reached halfway when...

Chase: "I know you're there Rubble" - He said with a laugh.

Rubble: "Aw man! How'd you know?"

Chase: "I'm a German Shepherd! I heard you coming from a mile away!"

Curse him and his abilities!

Chase: "But what's up? Do you need something?"

Rubble: "Yes actually. Do you know where Marshall is? I was wondering if he wanted to go to Katie's with me."

Chase: "No I haven't. I think I last saw him with Rocky. I think they went to play soccer off in the forest somewhere. That little campsite I think."

Rubble: "Alright, thanks! I'll go there!"

I ran as fast as could to the campsite. Even if Zuma was asleep, I could still ask Rocky and Marshall. I made it to the clearing and all I saw was a soccer ball. I was confused. Did they run off somewhere? That was until I heard digging. It was coming from a bush. I looked over and saw Rocky putting dirt on top of something. I thought of it as nothing but the way he was looking. He looked panicked and frightened. I called out to him.

Rubble: "Hey Rocky!"

I saw him jump. Not a regular jump. Like a genuine jump, high in the air.

Rocky: "AGH! R-RUBBLE?! WH-WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

I got a bit scared at first.

Rubble: "S-Sorry..I didn't mean to scare you...I was just wondering if you wanted to come to Katies with me?"

Rocky was quiet. He kept looking at the dirt mound. Was something in there?

Rubble: "R-Rocky?"

Rocky: "Huh? Oh! Y-Yeah! I- Not today, sorry! Maybe n-next time!"

Rubble: "Aw, okay! Well, can you get Marshall for me? Maybe he wants to come with me!"

Rubble: "Where is he anyway? Chase told me he was with you."

I saw Rocky frozen in place. What was wrong with him? Why is he so scared? He looks like he just saw a ghost.

Rocky: "I-I..Uh-H-He..-"

He was cut off by our pup tags.

Ryder: "Paw patrol, to the lookout!"

Rubble: "Oh! Looks like Ryder needs us! Come on! Maybe Marshall will meet us there!"

Rocky: "Y-Yeah..."