32

Chapter 32

Tomlin

Thursday 6:09 am

***

Operation to avoid my boyfriend's commence. Last night was hard. My dad made enough dinner for everyone and although I hadn't told him what was up. And I could never really explain it anyways, he was a good sport where the guys were concerned. He'd been gone a lot lately and I knew he'd been spending time with the same man. I refused to ask questions. What my dad did on his own time was his problem. Not mine. So dinner was okay. 

Hiding in my room afterwards proved difficult because I liked my TV. And both TVs were downstairs where everyone was hanging out. And did they hang out and stay later than usual on a school night? Of course those loud, huge, nerdy, hot bastards did.

Did they also flood my dreams with anticipation for Saturday? Fuck yes they did.

So here we are Thursday morning and I am bound and determined to stay clear of them for the next 48 hours. First thing first. Get ready and leave before Ryland. The getting ready and showering part. Easy. Bertha not starting part. Annoying. So, I grabbed my bicycle. Easy.

I was at school at least ten minutes before him and the guys and thought I was clear until Sammy grabbed me and pulled me into the janitor's closet. I huffed at him, pointing a finger. "You are ruining my plan, Shorty."

"I know. I'm sorry. You can pretend we never talked and move on later. For now, I have a question and I can't ask anyone else, but you. Because you're my boyfriend and I can. It's part of the deal, jerkwad." Sammy smiled, pushing me against the wall of the janitor's closet. For a short guy he had charm.

I smiled with a snort. "Hit me, Shorty."

"Okay." He backed away and whispered. "Is there a way to hide that I'm not a virgin?"

My eyes went wide. Then I settled. "It's okay. We know that duh. The girl. Of course we all know that. Unless you're talking about being a bottom. In which case I'd say shut up you liar liar pants on fire. I know you were loyal to the whole waiting thing. You were to upset to go against Daddy." I waved my hand in his face. He swatted me away, paling at my words.

"Tomlin, I've totally been with a dude like that."

"Shut up." I hit him. "Shut up. Shut up. Shut up."

"Stop hitting me, Tom. I have," Sammy whisper9yelled at me causing me to stop hitting him and back up.

"Who?"

He paled again. "Darius."

My mouth dropped. "Shut the front door, Shorty. The hell?"

"Uh, Jay was with him too. It was during our whole breakup fighting period. We didn't mean for anything to go that far, but it did. Ever since we became boyfriend's it's stopped."

"Was it more than once?" I asked, still awe struck.

"No. Not for me. For me it was just once and once only. Jay and Darius don't even know that I know about them. I walked in on them and turned around and left really fast." Sammy looked like he was full of shame.

"It's okay, Sammy. One time he won't notice. If you were me he'd notice." I winked down at him.

"Thank you, Tomlin."

"You're welcome."

I let him go and I walked to class. I just was conflicted now. I felt like Ryland should know this before we all fucked around. But was it my place?

Another reason to avoid them I'd say. I didn't feel bad for it either. It was serving two purposes.

****

Friday 3:39 pm

***

Thursday night I stayed at Tessa's house. Tonight I couldn't do that because she was annoying and talked about her and Caleb all night. Who I pretended not to know a thing about. I was beginning to feel like an actor with the amount of things I was trying to forgive and push aside. I still hadn't talked to Dylan or Andrew, but what was there to say they'd really hurt me.

So today I am home and inside my room. Friendless, with boyfriend's across the hall laughing and Jay comes into my room very stealthy like shutting the door lightly behind him. Locking it, he grabbed my hand and pulled me into the bathroom.

"Sammy told you, didn't he?" Jay whispered.

"How do you know that? He thinks he was spying."

Jay rolled his eyes. "Tomlin, I know all things. I totally heard him come in that night. Wanna know something else? That night Ryland and him did some dirty shit too. Don't even let him fool you and then because he was still horny he slept with Darius because Ryland wouldn't do it."

I shrugged. "He did say he was a wannabe hoe. I just thought he was kidding."

Jay laughed. "He's not a hoe. He's young and curious. Just like us. Anyways, is there a way to hide that I'm not a virgin?"

"No." I shook my head at him. "You boys are all liars. Instead of thinking of a way to hide this. I suggest you Sammy and Darius think of a way to explain this. I won't be the scapegoat."

"I've watched Big Love." Jay announced like it was a big to do. "And I know that's what the first wife is really for. So, I suggest you help us. Or me and the guys are gonna tear you a new one. And not in a good way." Jay winked at me and ran away like I would often do after making a big statement.

Fuck me. I was in trouble here.

And the 'guys' weren't going to like how I handled it at all. They would learn to respect me though. That's for fucking sure.