5

Chapter 5

Jay

Tuesday, 2:30pm

Tomlin Lemons looked at me like I bit him. He grabbed his bag and walked away from me. Of course, me being me, I followed him. "Why don't you want to know about who did the post?"

School was over and we were heading outside along with the rest of the kids. It was a weird day with clouds and rain hanging over our heads which was expected for October, but that wasn't what was weird. Nah, the atmosphere today was just off.

As soon as I asked the question Tomlin stopped walking to stare at me. I noticed that his blue eyes were actually just a deep green that looked blue. And right now they looked angry and were digging daggers into me.

"Of course I want to know."

"Then why didn't you let him tell you who did it? I was eavesdropping the entire time. Don't lie to me." I clicked my tongue at him when he turned away to walk again.

"He said his friends would disown him. Seemed the least I could do was not push the issue. You guys seem to be in a relationship of some sort and if he didn't say anything there was nothing he could feel bad about, that's why. He looks like a kind soul. Why make things worse when it's all about what I did that was wrong anyways?" Tomlin shrugged as if this answered all things. Which it did, but damn not what I was expecting.

"It wasn't wrong." I told him, causing him to stop and stare again. I was beginning to think this was a habit like he couldn't talk and walk at the same time.

"Well, you and I think that. Everyone else thinks I'm a hoe now. But thanks for saying that. Even if its not true."

"It is true. What you chose to do behind closed doors isn't wrong. It's just your business."

He opened his mouth like he was going to say something, but decided against it and shut it. I didn't like seeing a strong guy like Tomlin look so confused. It unnerved me, he never looked like this.

"I just wish I knew who did it and that way I would know who to watch out for. But it's alright." He shrugged.

"It was Tessa Manzoni. It was traced back to her cell phone's IP address."

Tomlin's jaw dropped. His eyes widened and he looked like I had punched him in the face. He made me laugh because he was a lot like Sammy only bigger and brighter with his light hair and blue eyes.

"Why would you do that? Didn't you tell that kid he'd be disowned if he did that?" He was adorable in all his tall handsomeness of confusion.

"No, our bossman did. And he won't disown him. He'll just be really pissed and will probably spank S-"

"Noo!" Tomlin screamed, exaggerating the no, holding his hands out in front of him. "Do not tell me his name. Don't tell me anyone's names. It's bad enough you're not denying the whole 4-some-thing. God, you're going to be the death of me you lot are."

"What the-" I tried to ask what the hell is wrong with you? but then he turned his charm on. And fuck me I was sold on Tomlin Lemons.

He smiled, widely with teeth. Oh, he was hot with that playboy wicked smile. "It's so fun having mysterious friends like this. It's like choosing your own adventure book. I chose what eye color to follow and so far I've had fun today and I haven't had real fun in a long time. Not clean fun anyway. Don't take that from me, nerd."

I gasped at him, highly impressed and irritated. I licked my teeth. "Do not call me a nerd."

He smiled. "I gotta go, but hold that thought."

"What thought? And where do you gotta go?"

He frowned at me. "I was just trying to flirt. I don't have anywhere to be, I just want to go now. You're about to burst and tell me all about you and the three amigos and you can't. Not yet. Be gone demon." He crossed his fingers in the crossbones sign, hissed at me and ran away like Harry Potter only without the broom. Although the way he was zigzagging in between cars I believe that mother trucker thought he had a broom between his legs.

"What the fuck was that all about?" Darius asked me from behind, wrapping an arm around my waist, dragging me to his car and away from staring after Tomlin.

"Harry Potter on stilts otherwise known as that tall kid Tomlin Lemons." Was all I could say with a small head shake.

Darius merely laughed and drove us to his house to study. It took hours to shake away Tomlin and this day of mischief. I wondered how Sammy was holding up, but didn't bother to text him. He was with Ryland and they could handle it. Or fight, whichever worked.